Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Well I somehow got two on in two different ways and I'm still not entirely sure how! Horses I can do, computers far less so ?

It's unusual for me to get a portrait of mine, she won't stand still away from you long enough.
That could be on my list of things to do this year. This month, too much pressure.

@Kite_Rider wtf? Had you seen that coming? I guess at least you'll now get a redundancy payment that you wouldn't have done if you'd handed in your notice. Good job you checked your email though, I can go days without mine so would have looked a right prat in the morning!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I would have expected your company to have at least let you know.
However that means you won't get any redundancy money and your furlough stops doesn't it?
Get advise ASAP.

Oh blimey, @Kite_Rider !!! I hope that doesn't leave you temporarily in the mire!!

More torrential rain last night and this morning the air is a lot clearer and crisper. Still warm but that awful mugginess has currently gone ?

@Kite_Rider wtf? Had you seen that coming? I guess at least you'll now get a redundancy payment that you wouldn't have done if you'd handed in your notice. Good job you checked your email though, I can go days without mine so would have looked a right prat in the morning!
Administration means no money though doesn't it?
So many business's are going or going to go under this winter.

We currently have sunshine and cloud. On way to take delivery for the cob, who else!!
I want to longrein today, I think that will be a great way to hunt for poop at the same time. :)
Got an idea here, but it's just an idea ha ha.

Thanks all, I can claim Redundancy pay from the government apparently, I can also claim contributions based job seekers allowance, any holiday pay I have accrued plus compensation for my notice period, should only take about two months to get some of that, bloody good job I'm a saver by nature.
What got me about it was not even so much as a thank for the eight years of loyal service! I kind of had a feeling I wouldn't have a job to go back to (being on the shielding list I'm unlikely to get anything else either) but we were planning on retiring soon anyway, just would have preferred it on my terms, hey ho, it's my colleagues I feel for, both mid 60's and both need to work to survive. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers
Yup, every cloud and all that. :)

Oh no poor you @Kite_Rider. That's really bad of the company not to at least thank you for your service but I guess that's what happens when administrators move in.

Currently driving through heavy rain on my way home from delivering cows to someone.90 mile round trip. So much cooler thankfully.

Cooler here today, I'm glad !!!
And talk about things that go bump in the night. Am shattered today as last night just when Mr t and me were dropping off to sleep, we heard strange noises. My first thought was houdini (Zi) had gotten into the garden again - so I lay there trying to ascertain if it was the clump of naughty hooves on the lawn. Nope, stranger noises than that, coming from the roof:eek::eek::eek:
So up we get, (what a sight we must have looked) coats on and house shoes (couldn't face bare feet in horse boots at that time of night) and out with the torches. Being honest, it was rather spooky and I wondered what it could be.
Needn't have been spooked. Looked quickly onto the yard, Mr Zi behaving nicely standing peacefully outside Storm's house munching his net. Both girls poked their heads out. But then I caught something out the corner of my eye looking up towards the garage roof.
Yes six naughty kittens playing on there - they'd obviously been on our bedroom roof too (it's a downstairs extension at the back - flat roofed). Lol lol Amber was the ringleader it appeared. Relief, back off to bed...........................................!

I think Covid is being used as an excuse by some companies, call me a cynic. And in an email because people can't face talking to you when they act like total crap.
Having been treated badly myself, all I can say is, it's turned out better than expected. :)
One door closes one door opens type thing.
Perhaps your artwork will mean you meet people you wouldn't have and that leads to a job of sorts?

I think Covid is being used as an excuse by some companies, call me a cynic. And in an email because people can't face talking to you when they act like total crap.
Having been treated badly myself, all I can say is, it's turned out better than expected. :)
One door closes one door opens type thing.
Perhaps your artwork will mean you meet people you wouldn't have and that leads to a job of sorts?

What a positive attitude. Glass half empty / half full - for you half full. Love it. :D

newrider.com