Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

View attachment 102643View attachment 102644
Decided to try making birthday cards as have a few birthdays coming up, love these so much, just a little water colour and ink, not detailed at all but I love the simplicity of them.

You need to move to Orkney and find a boat house by the sea and paint away.....................you'd be so happy, I just know it! And popular - you could make a small fortune with your lovely works. Go on, you know you want to........................................

I'm just settling lasagne pie and coffee. Mixed bag weather wise this morning, but mr t got seven minutes of sunshine whilst walking the madam lol He's got a pet seagull atm who he's feeding bits of oatcake, that helps to pass the time (conversations with Storm are a bit one sided!). I took over and we watched them cutting the grass verges. She didn't move a muscle. Any other day and she would have. Funny girl - very selective on what spooks and what doesn't!

Lovely and cool here. It rained pretty much all day here yesterday, but it was light rain generally. I went to check my potatoes last night and did a bit of hoeing and a cm down the ground was still bone. Lawn grass looks greener though.
Im having a lazy morning. Im still in bed, with my second coffee. Have been up and feed the dogs and cat. Stuffed myself full of my homemade bread. Considering i made two loaves yesterday (ok they were mini loaves) but theyve gone down a treat. Especially the savory one with the left over pie filling mixed in. Ive been asked to make more today. No not a chance. Although i have to say it was so easy and quick to knock up. Ive got a sweet craving just now so might have to make biscuits, or fairy cakes today. Will have to be careful or my 4kg weight loss will go back on.
Loads of rhubarb in the garden of the cottage so will take a bag and pull that later for a crumble. Need to strip the plant as we are going to wack the cows in the garden to mass mow it in the next couple of weeks. Dont want them eating the leaves and getting ill.

Happy to report I'm feeling in a much better mood today, haven't been online much as have been feeling a little bit down lately. I know we are allowed out once a day now which is lovely, but, I can't help feeling that we are heading for a massive resurgence and it's been playing on my mind.
Anyhow, today I'm back to thinking I can't change anything so I may as well just make the best of it instead of wallowing in self pity.
Bacon butty for brunch later, not had a bacon butty for ages, so will enjoy that.
Hope this weather keeps the tourists away for all of you living in beautiful locations.

Aw sorry you were fed up, but a good bacon buttie works wonders lol
These are such strange times, we're all having ups and downs - I think, but I do totally understand your worry. And as for wallowing - well, you're allowed, but only once a week mind, any more than that is not good!:D

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Morning
Another damp day, cooler though, less people maybe.
Unusual tack room clear out, literally everything been cleared out. I will clean and sort, but I don't have much stuff to be fair.

I thought I'd cleared out our tack room just before we moved here. Wrong. All I did was shift bits and bobs to other boxes lol
I remember unpacking here and thinking "how did that get here"............................I guess you could say I'm a hoarder...................................

I thought I'd cleared out our tack room just before we moved here. Wrong. All I did was shift bits and bobs to other boxes lol
I remember unpacking here and thinking "how did that get here"............................I guess you could say I'm a hoarder...................................
Well join the happy clan! OH is very tidy and orderly - I irritate him - a lot.

No chance of hoarding here. I have put everything right where I will trip over it. :)
There isn't any facilities where we are off to, so no chance of taking stuff from one to other.

This was this afternoon's job, tidy and put some new plants in the garden. Love having a garden so much, all the veg is doing really well. Anyway can't take any credit for these flowers as only purchased this morning but aren't they beautiful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-04-15-18-01-267_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-04-15-18-01-267_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Trewsers
This was this afternoon's job, tidy and put some new plants in the garden. Love having a garden so much, all the veg is doing really well. Anyway can't take any credit for these flowers as only purchased this morning but aren't they beautiful.
View attachment 102653View attachment 102654View attachment 102655

Pretty colours for the garden. My gardens a bit bland for colour. Ive given up on flowers as i can cope with the weeding.

Ive been planting out today a few more runner beans, a couple of larger courgettes and as weve had lots of tomatoes germinate but not doing well in the greenhouse so ive planted a couple in the veg plot to see if they go away. Some runner beans didnt germinate and actually went rotten in the pots. We have a feeling that the compost we got delivered isnt a lot of cop, being the tomatoes aint doing.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com