Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Pull up a chair and bring your own beverage.

I will bring a hot chocolate and see who pops in.

Boring day today can't you tell. Gave the cob a good brush though, losing some hair but not much.
She's got her own horse shoe bottom left!

This thread is virus free. ;)

Last edited:
I'd like a coffee but it's too late, so I'll have a nice refreshing pressed apple & mango juice (Ocado has been tonight :) ).

Took Raf for a walk in the bareback pad today, love him. Will wash tail tomorrow and the last bits of mud left over from hunting that I can't manage to brush out. I didn't like to put the hosepipe on him when we got home because he was cold and tired and just needed his bed and his net. If we had hot water and a solarium it would be a different story ... anyway, he was stiff and sore yesterday which is a bit disappointing because I thought the vitamin E had sorted that. A danilon seems to have done the trick, he's ok today.

Has your grass started to come through yet? We seem to have plenty in the verges but none in the fields :rolleyes: At least it's drying out (fingers crossed).

My little boys are shedding like mad and they are normally the last to give up their winter coats! Jess is dropping a fair bit too. Indie seems to have gone from fluffy to sleek almost overnight.

Oh I've brought a bourbon and coke, is drinking allowed in the coffee shop? ;)

I think about the only part of me that doesn't hurt after the last few days is my eyelashes ;) I like to make the most of holiday from work and had a big old list of jobs to do and by day 4 I've got about 3/4 of it done plus a bunch of other jobs I thought of along the way.

I'm not sure if I dare share this as know many are still dealing with mud, but sandy soil brings its own challenges, colic and almost constant drought conditions. After one of the wettest winters in goodness knows how long, this is my field today
I'm starting to be a bit nervy about how much grass growth we are going to get, we need it to rain 2 nights (only) a week please :)

I'd like a coffee but it's too late, so I'll have a nice refreshing pressed apple & mango juice (Ocado has been tonight :) ).

Took Raf for a walk in the bareback pad today, love him. Will wash tail tomorrow and the last bits of mud left over from hunting that I can't manage to brush out. I didn't like to put the hosepipe on him when we got home because he was cold and tired and just needed his bed and his net. If we had hot water and a solarium it would be a different story ... anyway, he was stiff and sore yesterday which is a bit disappointing because I thought the vitamin E had sorted that. A danilon seems to have done the trick, he's ok today.

Has your grass started to come through yet? We seem to have plenty in the verges but none in the fields :rolleyes: At least it's drying out (fingers crossed).
Damn I thought you'd cracked it with the vit e. Magnesium is the best thing when my muscles hurt, might be worth a try for raf? Epsom salts in your wash water might do the trick.

Damn I thought you'd cracked it with the vit e. Magnesium is the best thing when my muscles hurt, might be worth a try for raf? Epsom salts in your wash water might do the trick.
Yeah, me too. I still think it's made a difference but obviously not a complete cure. Funny, I saw something on HHO about magnesium and I meant to get some. Maybe it was you who posted. I will try to get some tomorrow. Can you OD magnesium?

Yeah, me too. I still think it's made a difference but obviously not a complete cure. Funny, I saw something on HHO about magnesium and I meant to get some. Maybe it was you who posted. I will try to get some tomorrow. Can you OD magnesium?
Don't think so they pee it out. I fed 5grams per day for her height.

Apparently - pubs, cafes and restaurants will be allowed to change to a take away as oppose to eating in.
That may save some business, as well as suspending business rates.

This coffee shop thread is open 24/7.
Until tomorrow, see you later.. :)

No but it can give you an upset tummy if you take too much orally, but it's well absorbed through the skin too, hence Epson salt baths help. Jess was getting 12g a day at one point with no issues. I think a gram/100kg is the normal starting dose but you can happily double it.

You can get magnesium gel for humans. With my twisted ankle recently ive been wearing a support bandage. It was hurting quite bad, so one of my clients had some magnesium gel, so i squished a load down the inside of the bandage both sides of my ankle. Later that day my ankle didnt hurt so much. So the next day i didnt need the bandage on but took it with me to work. When my ankle started feeling bad i put the bandage on. Ironically the gel i put on was still on the bandage from the day before, it hadnt dried out. Once id had the bandage on for a while my ankle started to feel better. The bandage has actually been wet for several days now so i just put on when i need too. I was sceptical about the gel but i think its actually helping with my ankle heeling.

As i drove home yesterday, i saw one cafe open, but they had stopped anyone going inside. There was a barrier across the doorway. One lady sat outside on a chair having coffee. Another the other side of the doorway and one person waiting to get served at the door. So eat out or take away.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I'm just about to make my first coffee, I was at work yesterday but staying at home today while Steve goes in. Our cafe is still open but practising social distancing, which is very effective, we are told.

I've taken advantage of a little extra time to catch Charlie every day and take him to the shelter for a little brush and a bite of hay. If Mattie stays quiet he is good, but if Mattie calls for him he fidgets. He's quite babyish in some ways. But he gets more beautiful every day! Steve took Mattie out for a walk yesterday so I could see how Charlie managed without him, and he was on edge but not an idiot, so that's all good too.

Mmm, that Flat White was lovely. Off for a hot bath now as I'm feeling a bit chilly, then it'll be back online to research Government grants and our takeaway offering.

Nice to see you al!

newrider.com