Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

I was pleased to see our ice cream kiosk back open. I can walk to it and get an ?. Now if I do, you just know I will share a photo don't you, because life really is that exciting.
We are turning into big kids once we start to be allowed things again. It will be look what I got. ☺

I am not boredom eating, I do my shop once a week and there are only two treats in it, boring digestive biscuits and this week cabury cookies. (I think the fish get fed better to be honest!)
There were no donuts, not even for the frontline drop off.

I am still only outside for one and half hours of the day. That's fine because longer and the social distancing gets really tiring for me anyway. Possibly because I have been inside for nearly ten weeks.

I thought about you the other day - I saw something on the news headlines about co-op and some other store recalling donuts. But it wasn't anything dire, just the fact they hadn't printed some of the added ingredients or something, and that they could be unsuitable for allergy sufferers.

I had to wait 3 weeks for our tomatoes and compost to be delivered. My mum found some seed in a packet in the draw so she wacked them in the propergator with some of last years compost. Not expecting them to germinate. Um now we have about 30 plants. Of course they might not fruit.

Reactions: Trewsers
My very favourite bird! They're always in the barn, all year round.
I started leaving breadcrumbs for the one I see when I feed the fish, until I spotted a rat was making good of that.
Nothing wrong with that, but may rethink where I leave some bread.

• Haha
I’ve tried, everything I’ve looked at is a 21 working day for dispatch, my tomato babies will get so stunted and sickly if I wait that long, I’ve no room in the garden for them either now.
It's the volume of people wanting to order I guess.
Nobody wants walking boots, they arrived in three days, can't fault sports direct online if anyone looking to buy anything off them.

One very early coffee and toast. Feeling tired but thats nothing new at this time of day. Im contemplating a very early morning hack while the town sleeps. Boys havent been out for two days as ive been so ill. Dont feel brilliant now but id rather go out whilst theres a breeze and cool. Im thinking go back to bed at lunchtime when it gets too hot. Ive so got out the habit of early mornings that part of me just wants to get back into bed and sleep with the rest of the world. But i know that two lovely boys need some exercise. I nearly got flattened last night when i popped out to see them.
Im thinking ride Billy and lead Chunky round the four mile loop. Can be back by 7am.
Beautiful red sky out there this morning. I also spy some rain on the radar. Ummm To sleep ? or to ride ? that is the question.

One very early coffee and toast. Feeling tired but thats nothing new at this time of day. Im contemplating a very early morning hack while the town sleeps. Boys havent been out for two days as ive been so ill. Dont feel brilliant now but id rather go out whilst theres a breeze and cool. Im thinking go back to bed at lunchtime when it gets too hot. Ive so got out the habit of early mornings that part of me just wants to get back into bed and sleep with the rest of the world. But i know that two lovely boys need some exercise. I nearly got flattened last night when i popped out to see them.
Im thinking ride Billy and lead Chunky round the four mile loop. Can be back by 7am.
Beautiful red sky out there this morning. I also spy some rain on the radar. Ummm To sleep ? or to ride ? that is the question.
Enjoy, whichever you do.

Well a nice hack it was. Eerily quiet. A few speeding motorists at 6am. A couple of which choose not to slow down whilt they over took two horses side by side.

Im now hungry. Weve run out of tomato sauce. So none on my bacon sarnie. So opened a jar of olives instead.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Well a nice hack it was. Eerily quiet. A few speeding motorists at 6am. A couple of which choose not to slow down whilt they over took two horses side by side.

Im now hungry. Weve run out of tomato sauce. So none on my bacon sarnie. So opened a jar of olives instead.
See that’s another thing that just wrong, lol, sauce of any kind on a bacon butty!
Glad you had a nice ride despite the idiot drivers.

See that’s another thing that just wrong, lol, sauce of any kind on a bacon butty!
Glad you had a nice ride despite the idiot drivers.
Got to be brown.
I am waiting for the take away to open again that does a lovely egg and bacon breakfast roll.
With brown sauce.

Went for my walk earlier to avoid the heat. I have an active walk and got too hot yesterday.
Got back for breakfast for a change.

Stopped to get a quick photo.
DSC_0002.JPG

More lorries on the road so thats a hot sign to see supplies are slowly arriving here etc etc, people are starting to get some sort of normal in their lives and wages.
I didnt think I would miss traffic! But my normal is waiting to cross the road, not just walking across it. That felt weirdly wrong.

Went for my walk earlier to avoid the heat. I have an active walk and got too hot yesterday.
Got back for breakfast for a change.

Stopped to get a quick photo.
View attachment 102510

More lorries on the road so thats a hot sign to see supplies are slowly arriving here etc etc, people are starting to get some sort of normal in their lives and wages.
I didnt think I would miss traffic! But my normal is waiting to cross the road, not just walking across it. That felt weirdly wrong.

Pretty daisies! I love those. They are currently decorating my lawn (we're on rations with petrol for the mower!)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Well I have spent most of the day drawing today (no surprise there) treated myself to some very nice grown up colour pencils and am trying and mostly failing to master a completely new technique for me, similar in many ways to graphite pencils but very different in many other ways, you could argue that I am wasting my days learning a new skill though :rolleyes:

Well I have spent most of the day drawing today (no surprise there) treated myself to some very nice grown up colour pencils and am trying and mostly failing to master a completely new technique for me, similar in many ways to graphite pencils but very different in many other ways, you could argue that I am wasting my days learning a new skill though :rolleyes:

Noooo never wasted! I like the sound of the grown up colour pencils too!!!! ?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com