Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

The one thing i dont like with the airowears is both of mine the blue covering has warn through on the back at the base. When i enquired about getting a replacement cover as they can just be unvelcroed and a new cover put on. I was told the cover is over half the price of buying a new one. So i ended up just buying a new one in the end.

I thought they sold covers for people to match with their xc colours? Or am I getting that mixed up with something else.

Yes i think your right. Whether they are the same as the blue cover im not sure, or maybe xc colours just fit over the top of the original cover.

We have this model don't we?

Yes thats the one the Reiver. Those colour things look like little bibs that go over the top. I fancy the purple but its a bit pointless for me as i wear my bp under my hiviz coat or waistcoat. Only time i dont wear a hi viz is a lesson or funride. Mind if the they did a hiviz yellow i would need to put a hi viz waistcoat on each day in the summer.

I think i need to get a new bp, mines a bit out of date.

I have hi viz on all the time. Waistcoat has got my phone in it and her bridle already has it on. Saves having to remember it.

Morning.

Just done an online gp consultation. Never done that before. You don't even need to speak to anyone anymore. They will respond by tomorrow.
That's a first for me along with various other firsts in the pandemic.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Just finished doing some in hand stuff with Zi. We’ve got into quite a good routine now before we start work. So mucked out, taken Storm out in hand for an hour, had breakfast and then worked Zi. He was a pansy today though - how dare we do stuff in the rain?!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Is that one of these econsult things @newforest. Ive had a couple of texts from my surgery as they are now using this system as of last week. No idea what it was all about so i googled it. My mum cant use it as she cant even use a computer.
Our drs apparently arent even seeing patients according to the chemist. I seriously wonder why we have a drs and surgeries.
I dropped in a repeat prescription into the box just inside the reception a few weeks back for some more of my migraine tablets. I had a conversation with the receptionist who was going to set it up so it was sent through automatically to the chemist and i just went to pick up the meds from the chemist rather than me having to go back a few days later and get the actual form to then take to the chemist. Well a week later i went to the chemist to pick it up and they had nothing for me. They looked on the system and said nothing had been sent through from the surgery. So i went home and rang the drs surgery, and was told that they had not recieved my repeat prescription request. I hit the roof. As i had put it in the box myself, so i know they had it in the building. But they swore blind they hadnt got anything. This is not the first time its happened which is why i was peeved. They lost my mums 3 pages of repeat prescription requests last year. The chemist also said it happens frequently to other patients at the surgery.

My repeat is done online. I got fed up with it being lost, going to wrong chemist and now it's dropped off.

I guess it's econsultant @chunky monkey, most business's allow you to email them or do that chat thingy. It says if you need to see the doctor you will given a phone consultation. I don't need to see them. It can be done with words.

The bees are working. Only a few flowers and they've found them.
_20200714_194942.JPG

Good day here. The cob was where she was left last night. She's not knocked anymore fencing down itching her fat backside!

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
The ongoing photography project that I have been doing have put some of my work on their website. It's for the archive and future generations, once lockdown is over people will actually forget what it was like, and some people will have seen things others haven't etc.
I am inspired to carry on clicking.

Not had breakfast, I am back into the not bothering with it not hungry. That's my normal.

Reactions: Trewsers
I had fried egg and bacon sandwich for breakfast. I've just stopped for a quick coffee and chocolate bar before I get the hoover out.
Got some fencing to help with putting in fence posts later this afternoon after I finish work. Then hopefully tomorrow the fence will be getting strained up and stapled back up and I can move the sheep early next week.
Think the mower will be going on tomorrow for some more hay cutting at home. It's really over cast so not ideal but there forecasting a dry spell so if it gets cut and can just dry for longer without the help of the sun we will be lucky. Next week looks better so we will be off contract haymaking one of the dreaded playing fields in town. The kids will be so bored by now I'm sure we will have fun and games with the little scrots. Will have to be in our guard leaving nothing unattended.

I have a thing about ploughmans at the moment and bought some Double Gloucester.
So question of the day is -

What cheese do you like?

The top of my list is Catherdral City, just looked it up and its Cornish - didn't know that. But that was more expensive so opted for my next favourite.
I used to like Red Leicester.

I do love my cheeses!
I think my all time favourite is Lancashire crumbly.
Closely followed by Cheddar. (Orkney produced cheddar of course!).
There's a wonderful selection of local cheese here. They do a deep fried one - omg it's amazing! I tried to replicate it here but couldn't get it right (must be a secret the locals keep for their eating establishments)!!!
Another locally produced cheese is a smoked cheddar one and there's a lovely one called Orkney Wife. I like a good nibble! eeke eeek????

Reactions: newforest
I wouldnt say i have a favourite. I like brie but not a fan when its mega soft and stinky, that puts me right off. I like cheddar but not the mature mature stuff, i prefer it mild and a bit rubbery, so red leicester ticks the box too. Dont mind stilton either.

I think of Edam when someone says rubbery.
I don't like Stilton, Brie is fine.
Spreadable cheese is a yes, so philadelphia or shops own brand.

Yes like soft cheese to. Often have a tub of Philadelphia in the fridge, although i couldnt get any the other week. Guessing there was a supply issue. So i brought a couple of cheaper versions. One was ok but the other was a bit wishy washy. I do like edam, but rubber cheddar is better, and you can melt it on toast. Mind i brought some weird cheddar the other day, tasted like cheddar but it didnt melt on the toast or in the homemade bread i made. Something very wrong if you cant melt cheddar on toast.

newrider.com