Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Couldnt believe the amount of fungi in our lower field at present. Walked down the other night to check on a ram lamb whos decided to live a separate life away from his pals. Ive tried rounding him up but hes having none of it. So ive left him, so i have to walk down to see him. We grazed the area off with the cows and now there loads of fungi springing up. Not sure if they are growing from the cow pats. Will have to examine closer. Mine are different, quite big tops.

Windy as hell here again with sunshine and showers. It's not that nice really, much nicer indoors looking out today. However, I still have madam to take out again and Zi to turnout. He's planted himself in his apartment - can't say I blame him, all 17hh of him quivering (he doesn't do rain, wind, showers, squalls, cold basically anything!)

Reactions: Huggy
Well the shroom has gone. If I hadn't photographed it, you guys would think I lied.
So something has eaten it obviously.

Edited to add.
I think it's a milking bonnet- inedible.
I got distracted as I love the look of the burgundy ones. Edible but poor and I wouldn't ever risk it.

I'd never risk eating any wild mushrooms. OH's father taught him which are edible but I'd still not risk it. Scares the pants off me. Remember the Midsomer Murder episode where the lady goes picking them and the murderer mixes in some poisonous ones into the basket on the kitchen table?! eeeeeek.:eek::eek:

Stupidly warm here again. We moved the horses onto the big field - just a tiny area, but I had to call the YO tonight, to move them back over night - it's just too rich. 2 very disappointed faces leaning over the fence - just gazing at it!

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
Stupidly warm here again. We moved the horses onto the big field - just a tiny area, but I had to call the YO tonight, to move them back over night - it's just too rich. 2 very disappointed faces leaning over the fence - just gazing at it!
I have lots of grass still in one section. I expect October will be the earliest I start offering the centre.

No riding for me again today. Im off to see how many more footballs and tennis balls get lobed in my direction. My brothers been trying to make hay in two parks this week. Yesterday we had the guy from the council on the phone, having just seen my brother drive past his house on the way home to get the baler, saying hed had 36 calls from the fire brigade. Knowing him that was an over exaggeration but im sure he got a few. Theyve set light to it a number of times. The fire brigade have been out about 9 times i believe as my brother had spoken to them. Hes jumping up and down saying he needs the hay off today. Well that didnt happen. We got about half of the one park done. If the council guy had listened in the first place, we said its not a viable exercise. Last year was bad enough. Honestly you should have seen it. The amount of people, mainly kids but also adults dog walking, joggers, bikes. So much for covid and social distancing. The play equipment was just over run.
Brothers there baling, im loading onto the trailer as fast as i can and the kids are jumping on the bales as soon as we drive away from them. Ive got kids asking if they can sit on the tractor and the trailer. Im on the trailer 20 foot in the air and footballs come heading in my direction. Several times this hppened. Kids laugh, i ignored. Then later we are at the back of the tractor trying to get the turner hitched up and a tennis bale heads in my direction. Young woman stood there laughing as the ball was so close to hitting me. Im thinking this is a dangerous peice of equipment that one wrong move could end up crushing me or brother and you throw a ball at us. Youve got the whole 4 acre park and its lobed towards us. She wouldnt have been laughing if the equipment had slipped and crushed her dog as it went right underneath the turner to fetch the ball.

Oh and in the week some guy comes out and has a go a brother as he reckons hed killed his cat. He said he took it to the vet and the vet hadnt seen anything like it. The guy said his cat often slept in the grass and bushes in the park. He told brother he should have backed over the ground first. Whilst this is sad and very unfortunate if it was run over or mowed. The guy should control his cat. Its not brothers fault if his cat wanders out of the owners property. Most cats hear machinery they will run. You can hardly check the grass before you cut it. Thats like a cat being in the road and hit by a car. Very sad if it did happen but are farmers expected to have a beater walking in front of the tractor beating before the cut.

• Angry
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
We're putting the boys in the lush field from 10 til 1 - I can't risk Hogan on it for a full day, it's a tiny area but very very green. At this rate we won't need hay until Christmas. I think once they've eaten down this one, the other field will have just enough time to green up, which is perfect, as if we get a wet winter (again) it's on a good slope and doesn't get churned up. We're extremely lucky as all our neighbours have been feeding hay all summer.

Just settling my hot beef t cake and coffee then heading out to play in the school with mr Zi. Then I’ll take madam out again for nibbles then we are tatted pulling. Got the hessian sacks ready! Yum, spud pies here we come.

Reactions: Huggy
I’ve not posted much as not a lot to say really and have been feeling very miserable so not wanting to come for a coffee.
Anyway after a few rubbish paintings for college I got out my new acrylic paints today to ‘play’ and make an abstract mess! It cheered me up so thought I’d pop it here on the coffee shop wall to brighten everyone’s day hopefully.

I’ve not posted much as not a lot to say really and have been feeling very miserable so not wanting to come for a coffee.
Anyway after a few rubbish paintings for college I got out my new acrylic paints today to ‘play’ and make an abstract mess! It cheered me up so thought I’d pop it here on the coffee shop wall to brighten everyone’s day hopefully.
View attachment 103883

That‘s wonderful and it’s cheered my grey day! Sorry you’re fed up. Mr t is a bit sad this past couple of days too.

View attachment 103883
Looks like thats on a canvas?
I like it, it looks like an inviting sea with the beach.

newrider.com