Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

I’ve not posted much as not a lot to say really and have been feeling very miserable so not wanting to come for a coffee.
Anyway after a few rubbish paintings for college I got out my new acrylic paints today to ‘play’ and make an abstract mess! It cheered me up so thought I’d pop it here on the coffee shop wall to brighten everyone’s day hopefully.
View attachment 103883
I think its the change of season, or lack of it. I'd love it to cool down, stay sunny and dry. If wishes were horses.....

I'd never risk eating any wild mushrooms. OH's father taught him which are edible but I'd still not risk it. Scares the pants off me. Remember the Midsomer Murder episode where the lady goes picking them and the murderer mixes in some poisonous ones into the basket on the kitchen table?! eeeeeek.:eek::eek:

Nicholas Evans, who wrote The Horse Whisperer, nearly killed himself and half his family feeding them mushrooms off their estate. He'd been picking and cooking with this type of shroom for YEARS and on this occasion he mistook them for some new ones that looked almost identical.

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
Hunters Chicken, panni today.
Odd weather, ead going to lunge but changed my mind.
Wormed the madam instead.

Offered her the vit and mineral lick. She was trying to lick the container! So left her with it (contents not the sealed container) and she's had a few licks and sniffs. Will be interesting to see if she uses it alongside the odd lick of the salt.

Reactions: Jessey
When you tell the landlady you are available at home 4-6pm for the plumber (I’ve had no hot water for 10 days) and it’s 5.30 and he’s still not here ? even if he arrives now I’ll be doing the horses in the dark tonight as he’s got 2 hours of work to do, if I’d have known he wasn’t coming until later I could have got them done already rather than sitting here waiting for him ?

When you tell the landlady you are available at home 4-6pm for the plumber (I’ve had no hot water for 10 days) and it’s 5.30 and he’s still not here ? even if he arrives now I’ll be doing the horses in the dark tonight as he’s got 2 hours of work to do, if I’d have known he wasn’t coming until later I could have got them done already rather than sitting here waiting for him ?

Oh that sucks! Very cross for you.

Just eaten a bag of Seabrooks salt and vinegar crisps in desperation. Today hasn't been the best work wise. And of course now the system is fixed it's growing darker by the minute and I have the horses to sort. And I still have cat problems. And horse problems. Oh, just pass the ruddy lager now someone. Bugger coffee I need something stronger.

I don't buy crisps so I don't reach for those
I do have a packet of ginger biscuits though. I am more of a biscuit fan.
Though fancied some pate so bought that.

The store is back to their normal opening times now. They were closing at 8. So that will thin the customers out even more which is good.

Can you ask your land lady to give the plumber your number so he can liaise directly with you? Although that’s not very helpful if he doesn’t even turn up when agreed.

Reactions: Trewsers
Can you ask your land lady to give the plumber your number so he can liaise directly with you? Although that’s not very helpful if he doesn’t even turn up when agreed.
I’ve got his number but he has pushed his luck the 3/4 other times he’s been out, I say I’m home 4-6pm for eg and he always turns up 15 minutes before the end of my available time then runs over and gets pissy when I hurry him. I personally wouldn’t have him back but the landlady seems quite friendly with him so I thought perhaps she’d get a better response. My landlady has always been fabulous and on the ball in the 3 years I’ve been here, they tried desperately to fix the hot water last week (Plumber was on holiday), her hubby spent a whole day here but it was beyond his farmer skills ?

I’ve got his number but he has pushed his luck the 3/4 other times he’s been out, I say I’m home 4-6pm for eg and he always turns up 15 minutes before the end of my available time then runs over and gets pissy when I hurry him. I personally wouldn’t have him back but the landlady seems quite friendly with him so I thought perhaps she’d get a better response. My landlady has always been fabulous and on the ball in the 3 years I’ve been here, they tried desperately to fix the hot water last week (Plumber was on holiday), her hubby spent a whole day here but it was beyond his farmer skills ?
Maybe next time tell him you’ll be there for the two hours before you actually will be so when he turns up last minute you really will be around.
At least your land lady sounds nice, just a shame she likes this plumber so much and can’t just find a more reliable chap.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Well today is turning out worse than yesterday! I haven't even started proper work yet. The ruddy cats are driving me nuts. And now the bloody MIL is starting. I am sure I must have been bad in another life.................................... :eek: :mad: :mad: :oops:

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
newrider.com