Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

So what a fun start to the day I had. Not feeling great this morning but I had decided to move all my electric fencing around. Did that without too much bother and as I was on a roll decided to poo pick Brodie's field. I have my own muck heap for ale so emptied my barrow onto the communal area and thought that's alot of flies as it fell. Turns out I'd just tipped the full barrow onto a wasps nest! Well I ran away like one of those stories you read on killer bee swarms, if we had a lake I would have been in it ? How I didn't get a single sting I don't know, I can only assume it was at it was early and quite chilly this morning they were a little slow. After being stung in the eyelid a few weeks back whilst cycling and a lady down the yard developing anaphylaxis having been stung many times before with no issue I'm quickly becoming far more wary of wasps these days.

Found these and no didn't touch, just took photos. Flying saucers.
DSC_3061.JPG

Just pottered around the field, weird warm humid close weather with mist. So part of you is cold and the other too hot!
Inspired a dead tree to sprout something, can the cob stimulate a tree by itching her arse on it. :) Farmer said they were dead, then oh so there not then.
Not now no.

So what a fun start to the day I had. Not feeling great this morning but I had decided to move all my electric fencing around. Did that without too much bother and as I was on a roll decided to poo pick Brodie's field. I have my own muck heap for ale so emptied my barrow onto the communal area and thought that's alot of flies as it fell. Turns out I'd just tipped the full barrow onto a wasps nest! Well I ran away like one of those stories you read on killer bee swarms, if we had a lake I would have been in it ? How I didn't get a single sting I don't know, I can only assume it was at it was early and quite chilly this morning they were a little slow. After being stung in the eyelid a few weeks back whilst cycling and a lady down the yard developing anaphylaxis having been stung many times before with no issue I'm quickly becoming far more wary of wasps these days.

Heck!!! Glad you are okay.

What a day so far. Mr t isn’t well and much as I enjoy mucking out it’s been hard going for a few days. There’s only so many hours in a day and I have to walk Storm before breakfast as well as sorting cats and turnout for Chloe. Zi had decided to spend lots of time in his apartment so it was like a bomb site along with the byre. And don’t get me started on the cats this morning! And I had a feed delivery which came early so wasn’t prepped at all for that, managed to fetch madam in in the nick of time! She hates air brakes and they send her into a spin which I don’t want with her poor leg. Breakfast was interesting as the oven has packed in bar the bottom element and mr t looked like the walking dead. Coupled with a huge backlog of work (through no fault of my own) and mother in law hassles I could have easily just hidden in the back of the cat barn. Oh and now I have a headache. Sorry for grumbling just feel at odds.

I hope you and Mr T feel better soon @Trewsers

Landlord came with a different plumber tonight, I do have a working immersion now, but the main hot water still won’t work ? he spent 2 hours fiddling but no luck, landlord asked me to clip the control panel back on as he didn’t have his glasses (it’s a really simple push fit) and there was a big flash, bang and all the fuses tripped! Looks like in the messing about last week someone got some wires in the wrong place. I’m getting a bit frustrated now, this is the 3rd day I’ve given up my free time and the other plumber is going to have to come again next week, and I suspect a sparky after that when he can’t fix it either (most of the plumber parts have been replaced now so don’t see he’ll do anything different to the guy today).

I was on top of our muck heap last week forking it back and what I thought was a very persistent wasp kept buzzing my head, after a couple of minutes I realised it wasn’t one wasp it was LOTS of wasps, I looked up and yup, I’d disturbed a nest, I beat a hasty retreat I can tell you, like you Ale, how I didn’t get stung I don’t know.
I can only imagine how painful the eyelid sting was for you.

Found these and no didn't touch, just took photos. Flying saucers.
View attachment 103919

Just pottered around the field, weird warm humid close weather with mist. So part of you is cold and the other too hot!
Inspired a dead tree to sprout something, can the cob stimulate a tree by itching her arse on it. :) Farmer said they were dead, then oh so there not then.
Not now no.

These are beautiful aren’t they. They look like Welsh cakes but I’m sure they wouldn’t taste like them.

What a day so far. Mr t isn’t well and much as I enjoy mucking out it’s been hard going for a few days. There’s only so many hours in a day and I have to walk Storm before breakfast as well as sorting cats and turnout for Chloe. Zi had decided to spend lots of time in his apartment so it was like a bomb site along with the byre. And don’t get me started on the cats this morning! And I had a feed delivery which came early so wasn’t prepped at all for that, managed to fetch madam in in the nick of time! She hates air brakes and they send her into a spin which I don’t want with her poor leg. Breakfast was interesting as the oven has packed in bar the bottom element and mr t looked like the walking dead. Coupled with a huge backlog of work (through no fault of my own) and mother in law hassles I could have easily just hidden in the back of the cat barn. Oh and now I have a headache. Sorry for grumbling just feel at odds.
Sending you lots of chill out, happy vibes and Mr T lots of healing ones, sorry your feeling out of sorts Trewsers and don’t apologise, think there must be something in the air just now as lots of people are feeling a bit pants at the moment.

Reactions: Trewsers

Landlord came with a different plumber tonight, I do have a working immersion now, but the main hot water still won’t work ? he spent 2 hours fiddling but no luck, landlord asked me to clip the control panel back on as he didn’t have his glasses (it’s a really simple push fit) and there was a big flash, bang and all the fuses tripped! Looks like in the messing about last week someone got some wires in the wrong place. I’m getting a bit frustrated now, this is the 3rd day I’ve given up my free time and the other plumber is going to have to come again next week, and I suspect a sparky after that when he can’t fix it either (most of the plumber parts have been replaced now so don’t see he’ll do anything different to the guy today).

Oh blimey Jessey what a PITA for you, hope you get it all sorted soon.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Well I’ve had a funny old day today, had the most bizarre dream last night where my amazing Mum came to see me, we chatted for ages and had lots of hugs, it felt very real. So I’ve spent most of today feeling a little bit lost and quite sad.
Then I get a msg from the tenant, the one who is forcing me to take him to court to evict him, who should have left almost six months ago, saying his toilet isn’t working properly and would I arrange for a plumber to go and fix it please? I felt like replying with a big fat NO CHANCE but sadly while he’s still there I have a legal obligation to get it fixed. ?

• Angry
Reactions: Huggy
Hes got a nerve @Kite_Rider.

Confirmed yesterday by a neighbour, and reconfirmed today by my next door neighbour, definitely have new neighbours 2 doors away. Next door neighbours have been round twice since they moved in to complain. Apparently they were disturbed at 7.30 in the morning by chainsaws and leaf blower. So they had words. Then yesterday they went round again to complain about his stinky bonfire thats been burning for nearly a week with all the trees and vegetation he cut back. They like to sit out in there garden but couldn't and had to shut all the doors and windows in this heatwave. Totally unacceptable. Seems its gone home, so tonight no stinky bonfire. Yay.

Reactions: Huggy
Well I’ve had a funny old day today, had the most bizarre dream last night where my amazing Mum came to see me, we chatted for ages and had lots of hugs, it felt very real. So I’ve spent most of today feeling a little bit lost and quite sad.
Then I get a msg from the tenant, the one who is forcing me to take him to court to evict him, who should have left almost six months ago, saying his toilet isn’t working properly and would I arrange for a plumber to go and fix it please? I felt like replying with a big fat NO CHANCE but sadly while he’s still there I have a legal obligation to get it fixed. ?
I'm a bit envious about your dream - I'd love to chat to my mum again, even in just a dream.

Reactions: Trewsers
I'm a bit envious about your dream - I'd love to chat to my mum again, even in just a dream.
That’s why it made me sad, Mum died five years ago and I still miss her so much. I always thought if I could have the chance to see her again it would be wonderful but it just made me feel like I’d just lost her all over again. ?

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
That’s why it made me sad, Mum died five years ago and I still miss her so much. I always thought if I could have the chance to see her again it would be wonderful but it just made me feel like I’d just lost her all over again. ?

Aw that’s really sad. Dreams are so real at times and I find can leave us feeling various emotions for quite some time.

Oh that’s annoying, bet you feel like telling him to use a bucket!!!!

Reactions: Kite_Rider

What a carry on! ?

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com