Cold, sharp windy Saturday

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
But I've just managed to ride Storm so:biggrin: very happy - just defrosting my face:giggle: I had all manner of house work items planned today but seem to have evaded most of them:wink: Looking forward to home made chicken tikka tonight and weak lager of course:giggle:. It's definitely time to get out the rest of my fleeces tho - the temperature has really dropped here and we had another thick frost last night:cold:
So, are you all braving the cold or lucky and still having mild days? Personally I think another cooked breakfast is in order so I'm off to buy more eggs from the farm.....:happy: for tomorrow.

Just wanted to add: now is the time my legs start getting chapped - so I've bought some Nivea in shower moisturiser (I am too lazy to put it on afterwards!) and so far so good, my legs don't feel too sore yet. So if anybody else suffers with chilblains on legs and the like it might be worth trying.

Last edited:
Good for you, glad you enjoyed your ride.

I was supposed to meet my friend early this morn, but I decided it was a bit too icy on roads so poo picked 3 wheel barrow load instead :frown:

I thought i had better catch up on my washing this afternoon, now feel a bit guilty for not riding, I hope I can get out and ride tomorrow depending on weather!

Enjoy your chicken, Im just having chicken kiev's also with weak lager.!

It's freezing here in oxfordshire! It was 1 degree at 9am this morning when i rode, am bored of defrosting my car already this year! I don't know what to have for dinner now, my fridge looks sad inside!!

The lanes defrosted today, but still bright and dry. We had an hour out and about but mostly walk as my back and hips are playing me up today.:frown:

Big pain killers tonight and hopefully a mope energetic ride tomorrow. The weather is still looking good, cold but dry and little or no frost. Perfect.:smile:

Sounds like my day...baltic but fun and not one bit of housework then home for carry out tea and vino :biggrin:

My face was frozen on the gallops going at speed with my sinuses aching and my nose dripping :cold:

I hadnt ridden all week so sick and was feeling alot better so though yeh I will ride out one on the gallops cos can never say no to riding Annie lol (I had a choice but chose annie the stronger one lol...idiot i know) and I felt like first time did in July as weak as dishwater with shaking legs thinking cant stand up anymore :giggle:

Yup freezing here too today, I've been in my thermal base layer for the last week and my woolly hat, sealskin gloves and heating my boots on the radiator before I leave home!
I love riding in it though, only bit of me that was cold today was my ears, so if anyone has any suggestions for keeping those warm I'd be very grateful!
Glad you had a lovely ride though, sounds like my kind of day, especially the evading housework bit :giggle:

The lanes defrosted today, but still bright and dry. We had an hour out and about but mostly walk as my back and hips are playing me up today.:frown:

Big pain killers tonight and hopefully a mope energetic ride tomorrow. The weather is still looking good, cold but dry and little or no frost. Perfect.:smile:

Hope you managed a ride and that your back is not aching too much.:smile:

Yup freezing here too today, I've been in my thermal base layer for the last week and my woolly hat, sealskin gloves and heating my boots on the radiator before I leave home!
I love riding in it though, only bit of me that was cold today was my ears, so if anyone has any suggestions for keeping those warm I'd be very grateful!
Glad you had a lovely ride though, sounds like my kind of day, especially the evading housework bit :giggle:

One of those head band things without the head in (just go round your lugs), get bigger size that will go over your hat

I want to purchase base layer for the winter on the gallops....would it eliminate me having to wear a bulky coat with body protector or could i wear the base layer and hoody etc with body protector and no coat??

What make do you have?

newrider.com