Comparison of Sam pics (Old & New)

Samsky

Sam Sam Forever
Jul 24, 2004
Cheshire,UK
Visit site
Scanned some old pics of Sam onto my computer so i thought it would be interesting to show you all a selection of the pics and see what your thoughts are.

First ones are from August 1998.Sam was 8 years old (I was 13) and was a school pony at the riding school i attended.I rode him quite regularly in my lessons and as a result was allowed to take him to a small show at another local riding school.

Next two are from April 2001.Sam was 10 years old (i was 15) and he had been out of the riding school for around 18 months.I had been loaning him since the previous September.

Next two are from May 2004.Sam was 14 years old (i was 18) and he was still on loan.I'd had a bit more of a free rein with him the past year though due to his owner moving to a different yard.This had resulted in me investing in a fly sheet (she'd told me they were a waste of money) and consequently, Sam was plaited up for the first time!

October 2006 now and I had bought Sam just over a year ago.At this point,Sam was 16 (I was 21).This was the year that made us really.It was as if he knew that i now owned him.We became much closer and understanding of each other and also started progressing with regards to getting a rounder shape in ridden work etc.

Finally 2007,the best yet! This summer we came 1st in a dressage test (prelim) for the first time.This was followed by 2 more 1sts in later competitions and a 'Best In Show' trophy at our yards summer show :D

So that's it.Loooooooooong post i know. Basically i just want you all to enjoy my photos and feel free to make any comments (Positive or negative) about where you think Sam and I have improved/gone worse/where to go from here etc.

thats amazing that you got to own one of your RS ponies, I want that :D :D

i just think what a lovely lovely story, and a super partnership:) He looks goregous:D

Thank you for your lovely comments everyone.

Nazdag,i only got him because he was privately owned rather than an actual school pony.It's very rare our school ponies get loaned out or sold on usually.

Just realised that in April,it was 10 years since the first time i ever rode Sam.

It was my first lesson at a new riding school and i can just remember my instructor telling me he was very nosy and to keep his attention down one long side of the arena because it ran alongside a main road :D

newrider.com