Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Compositi stirrups, back to riding after 3 months!

Discussion in 'Ringside Chat' started by mystiquemalaika, Jan 13, 2018.

1. mystiquemalaika

mystiquemalaika Well-Known Member

I tried a pair of my friends a few months ago, loved them. I have sprenger bow balance but didnt want to get they ruined at work so have bought myself a pair of HY compositi stirrups for £20! Ok they are not sprengers but i done a pretty hairy 2 hour hack in them when i tried them and didnt get sore knees or ankles. Does anyone else use them? I start back at work on Monday after 3 months off, im really looking forward to it but I'm awaiting the John Wayne style walk ill no doubt have the first week :rolleyes: also looming forward to testing these out more.

2. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

Hehehe lol to John Wayne walk:p:D
    Didn't realise you'd had three months off. Glad you are all mended and can ride again:)

mystiquemalaika likes this.
  3. HaloHoney

HaloHoney Well-Known Member

I’ve just upgraded to some composite ones- Royal Rider T3 - they’ve got a metal, cheese-grater grip on them - love them!

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

I'e got some compositi ones think they are shires and then OH got me free jumps but I'm now back in my old style steel ones because I can't be bothered to keep changing them inbetween hunts.

#4 Lissie, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  6. newforest

newforest Why have grain, when you can have yummy grain

No as wanted to use with the cage thing and it wouldn't fit together despite being told it should do.

I wouldn't jump in them. I am not sure about the reviews I read about them breaking.

7. mystiquemalaika

mystiquemalaika Well-Known Member

Well i done 2 rides in them yesterday, my knee didnt get sore like it can, today i can feel a slight muscle ache from the riding and rolling bales of straw out in the pigs, tomorrow i feel ill be worse, always 2 days later :rolleyes:

I dont do any jumping NF just hacking but i must admit i like them so far. Still love my bow balance better though :D

8. newforest

newforest Why have grain, when you can have yummy grain

I really wanted to try the ones with the cage. It looked so simple to just screw in the ones with changeable treads.
    But alas the screws were not long enough so had to sell on.
    (i could have stirrups on both saddles then ;))

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties