Confession, I hate cooking! So what can you

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Bake without baking.
Make without cooking.
No frills, spills or salmonella. :p

I know there is a no bake cheesecake
And I know how to do a fresh fruit salad.
My trifles are (weird but ok)

This is for the yard. So needs to feed others but not kill them.

I can't believe I actually made a cheese souffle twice that came out lush!! But as said above I actually hate cooking.

Add your ideas and if you feel like doing something to inspire, add your photos.

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
I hate cooking too. My solution is to batch cook whenever I can, so one cooking session can produce 4 or 5 more meals that can be frozen and only need reheating. Peel, chop and add to slow cooker works for me: chilli, bolognese, stews, shepherds pie etc. I do like making bread though.

To feed others. Go and get some frozen sausage rolls. Bake and take to stables. Everyone will love you,

For pudding for stables, take a bumper pack of mini rolls. The world will love you, I promise,.
Been cheating up to date yes.
Looking to make something this time.

Chilli is super easy and can be made before and reheated, it's actually better a few days later :)
I'm veggie but my recipe for a quick chilli (that I'm always asked to make for things) brown mince first if you want to add meat, a few types of beans, kidney, black and pinto are my normal go toos but what ever you can get, a can of each. A large onion, 3 bell peppers, fresh chilli's (deseeded so it's not too hot) I normally put 2 or 3 in, a jar of cheap chilli sauce as a base and tin of tomatoes if it looks a bit dry. Slap it all in a big pan and simmer the lot for at least an hour, Then spice up with cayenne pepper to taste (but do it milder than you want if reheating as it hots up with age). 3 or 4 hours on a very low heat (or in a crock pot) is even better and brings out the flavours, just stir once in a while and add a splash of water if it dries too much or a handful of porridge oats if it's too juicy. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and rice/jackets/pita bread/tortilla chips and the jobs a good un :)

Chocolate rice krispie thingies don't need baking. I used to make coconut macaroons which took a bit of time in the oven but were really easy and had the added advantage of being gluten free for those GF people who always get left out. Err, can't think of anything else ... also hate baking/cooking ... I'd as soon have a sandwich as make something for myself.

Is it one of those each person brings something and you help yourself to a bit of this or that. Or is it a Friday you bring the cakes this week.

I went to a barbeque at the weekend and you just took your own meat for the bbq and then help yourself to the salad. There was potato salad with some added herbs and mayo. There was a bowl of couscous with peppers and sweetcorn etc. That was nice.

What about some biscuits. I make melting moments. Fairly simple.

It's my turn to make something yummy. There must be something I don't actually need to bake though.
Trifle is looking tempting. Bung in a bowl.

• Haha
Oo OK no bake yummy, Eaton mess is so super easy but oh my gosh good, buy strawberries, whipped cream and meringue, chop strawberries, break up meringue, mix all with the cream :) pop into little bowls or plastic cups to portion.

Reactions: newforest
Oo OK no bake yummy, Eaton mess is so super easy but oh my gosh good, buy strawberries, whipped cream and meringue, chop strawberries, break up meringue, mix all with the cream :) pop into little bowls or plastic cups to portion.
Now that sounds super simple.

Reactions: Jessey
Tiffin goes down a storm with everyone and only requires you to melt stuff - no oven, no baking. This https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2204642/chocolate-tiffin is a good recipe. You can do the melting in pulses in the microwave if you'd rather not faff with pans, but melting over hot water is easy and won't burn your chocolate!

I find it really hard to understand why people don't like cooking. I have always loved it, for the more, the merrier!

Reactions: newforest
Tiffin goes down a storm with everyone and only requires you to melt stuff - no oven, no baking. This https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2204642/chocolate-tiffin is a good recipe. You can do the melting in pulses in the microwave if you'd rather not faff with pans, but melting over hot water is easy and won't burn your chocolate!

I find it really hard to understand why people don't like cooking. I have always loved it, for the more, the merrier!
I like eating. :D
Now the word microwave gets my attention.
I don't have access to an oven, so technically I can't bake anything anyway.

@Jessey inspired eton mess dummy run.
Portion sizes are not my strong point!

1 Elmlea cream pot
2 meringue things
2 bananas
1 bowl and 1 hand to whip
1 stomach :oops:

Eta- using normal whipping cream now not Elmlea.

Last edited:
Going took at that site. I like the cooking n/a and the one cupcake to say simple, easy to adapt and can be made before going the yard and going out the door.
Since it looks like it's my turn again after the delicious offering I just did. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
newrider.com