Confidence on the up ... with pics lol

smudge

Jun 10, 2005
Shropshire
Brook has been a star since he came home from the school for naughty boys lol but my nerves are still bad. So we have decided that my daughter is doing the schooling and I am doing the hacking for the time being anyway. He is way too big for her but she has loads of confidence and rides him well.

I took him to Cannock Chase for my first hack out using our trailer and he was brilliant, it was really windy and I am sure I was a lot more nervous than he was, he was better than my daughters ponio lol.

Some pics for you and as you can see I am one very happy lady.

Brook and Jess - still a bit nervous in this one....

mumscamera043.jpg

Crossing a small stream (a first for me and him)

mumscamera050.jpg

one happy lady

mumscamera052.jpg

Brook and Susan doing some work at home.

mumscamera033.jpg

Liz

I was thinking of loaning out mine because riding him again terrifies me so much but have been put off the idea for a few reasons. Anyhow my husband has arranged somewhere to send him for schooling - he goes tonight. They have said they will reintroduce us in lessons before I think of taking him back. Sounds like a plan to me, I can feel the stress lifting already :). By the way you say your horse has been great since the schooling, how long do you think the schooling lasts, can it be 'kept on top of' when you have him back home?

pmcc - he was away for 6 wks, mostly schooling, some hacking and they took him to his first dressage test ... which he won :D He chanced his arm for the first few wks and was naughty, the trainer wouldn't let me ride him till he felt I would be OK.

Once I have a bit more confidence i am going to take him to my trainer for lessons which hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

Liz

pmcc - he was away for 6 wks, mostly schooling, some hacking and they took him to his first dressage test ... which he won :D He chanced his arm for the first few wks and was naughty, the trainer wouldn't let me ride him till he felt I would be OK.

Once I have a bit more confidence i am going to take him to my trainer for lessons which hopefully will be in the next few weeks.

Liz

oh i hope mine turns out like yours. Think the lessons with the trainer will be really worth it as he will know him so well by now, and most important of all how to put him back on the right track again.

newrider.com