Confirmation - Does me hoss look okay?

Amber Hughes

Fergals mummy
May 4, 2007
Saltash, Cornwall
www.myspace.com
Just thought while I have got new pics if you can advise me whether my horse looks alright to you guys cos I am new to proper horse owning I have only had Fergal for a year and am learning - just want to know if I am doing okay haha!!

Fanx

xxx

ps anyone else post your horses pics up so we can all check on each others feel free to hijack me post :):):)

n1023615444_30031292_9270.jpg

n1023615444_30031318_9965.jpg

Forgot to post..

This is my lad Robbie
Robbiee080002.jpg

Mycamerax046.jpg

& Im not leaving my other pone out, just i dont have many body shots of the gal !

I'd say he was lovely all of yours!
I think a ewe neck is where there neck looks like more of a U shape? Not sure but i've seen it before, i thought you could only really se it when they are owrking with there head down or on the bit.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

An "ewe neck" ('ewe' as in sheep). The easiest way to explain this is the horse's neck looks disproportinately short and overdeveloped on the underside.

This is bad for two reasons:
1) it usually means the shoulder is quite upright (which means short, choppy action in the front - not fun to ride); and
2) lack of musculature over the topline (which means the horse is carrying itself in a manner that makes it prone to break down)

(its not letting me quote this!)

An "ewe neck" ('ewe' as in sheep). The easiest way to explain this is the horse's neck looks disproportinately short and overdeveloped on the underside.

This is bad for two reasons:
1) it usually means the shoulder is quite upright (which means short, choppy action in the front - not fun to ride); and
2) lack of musculature over the topline (which means the horse is carrying itself in a manner that makes it prone to break down)

(its not letting me quote this!)

has my horsey got this?

newrider.com