Convalescent home required

virgin

Oct 19, 2000
Visit site
Can anyone help me?

I have a 14.2 hh mare who is currently out on loan. Unfortunately, my mare has damaged herself and she will probably be unable to carry out the work the loanees require from her. Whilst we have a loan agreement in place saying they will keep her until July 2003, my feeling is 'why make them keep her if they don't want her'. So, I now have to find somewhere new for her to live - probably until I return - with plenty of turnout to rest the injury, and with people I can trust. To compound the problem I am living in America and my mare is back home in England.

I realise I am looking for a miracle but does anyone know anywhere that could help me? any ideas gratefully received.

Many thanks

Virgin

P.S. Ideally I would like to keep her in the south east

There are a couple of convalesent/rest homes for horses nearby to me In Hastings, E.sx. You would have to pay though. I phoned one of them up quite recently and the lady sounded very nice and was charging about £60 per month which included worming and trimming of the feet. As far as I can remember the horses all lived out but had acess to a large shelter in the winter months.If you're interested I can find out the telephone numbers for you. If it's any help, I could always pop in to see her every now and again to put your mind at rest about her care. You can e-mail me on swbjackson@bigfoot.com if you like.

newrider.com