Converting head collar & Different handler..

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
My youngster has grown a lot head wise and his show bridle no longer fits.. I want a temp solution, until he's had his op, then I can get down to the nitty gritty.. I've heard you can get leather pieces that attach to the headcollar, enabling me to turn it into a bridle (add rubber bit)..
It's not for any road work, just general handling, so giving my sharer confidence as she asked for the first time today of she can do a bit of work with him..
She took me back a bit, as I wasn't sure she'd feel confident of handling a colt, who's now 2.. He's not strong, really good to lead, but its the 'mares' that worry me, and I don't want him to be silly..
I've always been the one to do the handling, and have suggested in the past that those with his field companion handle him too, as if an emergency was to arise, he would trust them..
A recent event got me worried, as when they both escaped, no one could catch him, except me, and that's really not on, as from day one I've said they can groom him if they want to get him used to them being around, and this situation could so easily have been avoided, I can't always be there when this sort of thing happens, and it could turn tragic, as he could have got on the roads, if he'd gone down the lane instead of a field..

Would you be able to make me a leather head collar for him? I've always fancied a personalized one, and it would suit him down to the ground :biggrin:
He's gone from small pony to pony sized head.. :)
It took me ages to find him a head collar to fit when I first got him.. even the foal one was too big! But now he's catching up fast:biggrin:

Last edited:
Have a look on robinsons - they may have them, I've seen them used quite alot on lunge cavessons to avoid having to wear a bridle as well.

Have a look on robinsons - they may have them, I've seen them used quite alot on lunge cavessons to avoid having to wear a bridle as well.

Thanks :biggrin: I think I have one of those kicking around somewhere................:giggle: I'm always loosing things:redface:

Would you be able to make me a leather head collar for him? I've always fancied a personalized one, and it would suit him down to the ground :biggrin:
He's gone from small pony to pony sized head.. :)
It took me ages to find him a head collar to fit when I first got him.. even the foal one was too big! But now he's catching up fast:biggrin:

We certainly would, but unfortunately NOT until after Christmas now. I KNOW, it's insane, but we are closed now for Christmas orders, and fully booked! :eek: I can take orders, and accept measurements and payment, but any orders accepted now will not be started until mid-January.

Can't believe how BUSY we are. :eek: :D We don't even have a website, or advertise anywhere!

We certainly would, but unfortunately NOT until after Christmas now. I KNOW, it's insane, but we are closed now for Christmas orders, and fully booked! :eek: I can take orders, and accept measurements and payment, but any orders accepted now will not be started until mid-January.

Can't believe how BUSY we are. :eek: :D We don't even have a website, or advertise anywhere!

It wouldn't bother me to wait until after xmas, I'm hoping to show him next year, and it would be something nice for him to go to the show in:biggrin:

newrider.com