cor! Im soooo brave ;)!!!

P

PatchyPony

Sorry to be so boring, posting again about my new ponio!!

After my wee 'runaway' a couple of days ago, and madam's high jinks jumping out of her field - which put pay to me riding yesterday - I though Id better ride today! So first off it was in the school (wearing running martingale & hanging snaffle). She went really, really well, apart from getting hyper if I changed teh rein towards a jump pole that was lying on the bank!!;):D

Anyway, here's where I was brave! After 10 mins in the school we went out for a little solo hack again...... and I was sooo nervous about asking for canter incase I got tanked! But I did! And I didnt!!!! :D:D:D She was a star and I am so pleased.

FInally think Ive sorted out what Im doing with feed as well after speaking to spillers and dengies nutritionists. She is on a scoop of happy hoof with a broad spec vit suppliment, biotin and garlic oil, with a sliced carrot, split into 2 feeds. + haylage at night.

Thats great!!!

Its lovely to see you enjoying your ponio!!!

She sounds like a right lovely sort!!!!

Where are the piccies!!!!

Nikki xxxx:p:D

aww, thanks guys. She is a total and utter honey, and Im smitten. ALL her naughty behavioiur so far has been motivated by fear and panic im pretty sure. She doesnt really know 'how' to be properly caught, she seems to expect chasing and we suspect has be herded. I even think the runaway the other day was down to panic-mode. She is beginning to trust me and it is a lovely feeling - I feel privileged every time she chooses to turn her head to me and wuffle in my hair, or reach out to take a polo instead of backing off:eek:

havent got any new pics yet, here's one from a few days ago
Tally023.jpg

Glad you are getting on so well - don't think I'm ready to hack Casper out alone yet although we may be going hacking with another girl from the yard on Sunday so fingers crossed all goes well (I'm really nervous on hacks - put me on anything in the school but as soon as I'm on the road I tense up:eek::eek: So in my opinion you are very brave!!!:)

newrider.com