Coronavirus

I think they're encouraging people to wear face coverings rather than medical grade masks, that way the latter can be kept for medical staff. I'm still not sure that everyone realises that face coverings are more about reducing the chance of someone spreading it rather than protecting the wearer, a bit like some people not seeming to understand the difference between household and family. I think lack of understanding about quite basic things are going to be a bigger problem as rules ease.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Yes carthorse that is what they say here.
They say masks in many cases and
Face coverings like the words are interchangeable..

Normal people are supposed to wear mandatory face coverings to help prevent the spread from asymptomatic people..
And if your sick or have symptoms your suoppsed to stay home.

Two household's can meet inside I think.
Nobody been here except the one person in the bubble.
But I think grandparents can meet up with the grandparents and it's classed as one household.

Does anyone wonder if the covid rules will be in the national curriculum, see if the next generation understand them.

Yes carthorse that is what they say here.
They say masks in many cases and
Face coverings like the words are interchangeable..

Normal people are supposed to wear mandatory face coverings to help prevent the spread from asymptomatic people..
And if your sick or have symptoms your suoppsed to stay home.
And if you are asymptomatic you don't, because you don't know, and you don't get tested either.

Im wondering with all these face masks we are having to wear how long before we are asked for identification in shops and to remove or masks for identification purposes. Thinking along the lines of younger looking people buying booze. Can they insist on it being removed if we are told to wear them in shops.

Also with all this crime and fraud whether there will be people mis identified for crimes.

@chunky monkey yet another ridiculous statement from our esteemed leader (or Demonic Scummings)
Apparently he wants everyone back to work and it’s now safe to travel on public transport, so as long as employers make everything safe, no need to work from home anymore so off you toddle!
Sod the climate and people’s health as long as the economy picks up sharpish all the Eton boys will be ok. They’ve also pledged to give the NHS another £3 billion to prepare for a ‘possible’ second wave this winter.
You couldn’t make it up. ?‍♀️

Im really not comfortable going back to work. I cant work from home at all. Being my own boss, i will have to insist that all my clients make it safe for me by wearing a face mask in there own house if they want me to work for them. Not one yet has offered me any hand sanitizer.

Why not take your own sanitizer? Being self employed you would normally provide your own equipment and at the moment I'd say that includes sanitizer.

@carthorse I totally understand that the mask/face covering doesn’t protect me as much as it protects other people from any germs I might have, but in my scrambled brain pre lockdown it just made me feel a tiny bit less anxious, even now although I still know the same the FP3 mask which I bought at the beginning of Feb when they were still easy to get do offer a lot more protection than nothing at all.

Why not take your own sanitizer? Being self employed you would normally provide your own equipment and at the moment I'd say that includes sanitizer.
I am now. Its the only way. I can just whip it out my bag and put it on the side so i can use frequently. I just find it odd that people who are having me in there homes arent insisting that i use anything. Its not even been mentioned. Maybe those are the people that arent worried about getting it. Im certain a couple are. There the ones i really need the sanitizer in as ive no idea where there going between my visits.

I heard that some of these outdoor concert things that were played have now been cancelled due to these spike areas. One was planned for our town, thankfully not now. People are going to be given refunds. I know its a shame but im actually rather glad. I really think government need to make a ruling on these type of things now instead of waiting and seeing, and getting peoples hopes up. I think its too soon.

@carthorse I totally understand that the mask/face covering doesn’t protect me as much as it protects other people from any germs I might have, but in my scrambled brain pre lockdown it just made me feel a tiny bit less anxious, even now although I still know the same the FP3 mask which I bought at the beginning of Feb when they were still easy to get do offer a lot more protection than nothing at all.
This is why I wear them now. At the start I was against them as science proved they did not protect you. But now they have proved they protect those around you and that's good enough for me! Trying to convince my work colleagues is easier said than done though

Newforest .. They have been testing
All nursing home staff weekly now
Symptoms or not.

Ugh I just read this am there were a bunch of false positives for asymptomatic workers at 2 nursing homes from a batch that went to the same lab.
The lab says something went wrong in the initial stages.
They didnt say how many other false positives there were.

There is also second random push to test
Asymtomatic people out in the general
Public.
I stay away from everyone as if they are positive.

Chunky... that is a big worry for you that houses you go to don't seem worried. I don't think it's unreasonable for you to ask people at the houses to wear a mask.

I don't know how people can be so lax with
Non worry especially when people come to their houses. You would think they would be shoving sanitizer at you.

Even across the street w guests No one
Wears masks. I just don't get it they are
Paying guests not friends.

At the bank I had to lower my mask to check to see you are the person in the image they have on file.

Well, I've just been for a walk to our local vape shop (been quit smoking for 8 weeks now, super chuffed about that :D)I wore my black mask (amazon special) four ply with N95 insert and I have had some very strange looks, mostly from older people, one lady similar age to myself smiled and stepped to one side so I could walk past her at a 2 metre distance, everyone else didn't even attempt to socially distance..... and I'm allowed to go into a supermarket/shop/work on the 1st August.... :( there is no way I'm going anywhere outside my home and the yard without a face covering on again.

@chunky monkey yes that surprises me too, my home is the only place I feel completely safe and when we eventually get to put our house back on the market I will not let anyone inside without face coverings/hand sanitiser and shoe covers, I am happy to provide all of the above and I'm happy to tell anyone who doesn't wish to comply not to bother coming to view. So yes I find it very odd that your customers don't seem to care.

This is why I wear them now. At the start I was against them as science proved they did not protect you. But now they have proved they protect those around you and that's good enough for me! Trying to convince my work colleagues is easier said than done though
I honestly don't understand why people are reluctant to wear them, unless of course you have a medical condition which means you struggle to breathe. I do think the more they become a 'normal' part of everyday it will become more accepted though, I still think that a lot (not all) of the reluctance is down to vanity.
I actually look better in mine than I do without it and you can get some super pretty ones too, a few clothes shops are making masks to co-ordinate with certain outfits and even some bikini companies are offering matching face masks!
I'm happy to make masks for anyone here who wants one in a particular fabric if you want to send the fabric I can whip one up for you.

Well, I've just been for a walk to our local vape shop (been quit smoking for 8 weeks now, super chuffed about that :D)I wore my black mask (amazon special) four ply with N95 insert and I have had some very strange looks, mostly from older people, one lady similar age to myself smiled and stepped to one side so I could walk past her at a 2 metre distance, everyone else didn't even attempt to socially distance..... and I'm allowed to go into a supermarket/shop/work on the 1st August.... :( there is no way I'm going anywhere outside my home and the yard without a face covering on again.

Well done on the giving up smoking. It's the hardest thing I've ever done in all my life. But that was over fourteen years ago now and I'm NEVER going back - not to go through all that again.

I honestly don't understand why people are reluctant to wear them, unless of course you have a medical condition which means you struggle to breathe. I do think the more they become a 'normal' part of everyday it will become more accepted though, I still think that a lot (not all) of the reluctance is down to vanity.
I actually look better in mine than I do without it and you can get some super pretty ones too, a few clothes shops are making masks to co-ordinate with certain outfits and even some bikini companies are offering matching face masks!
I'm happy to make masks for anyone here who wants one in a particular fabric if you want to send the fabric I can whip one up for you.

They've got new puffin ones in up here in the local gift store. I was quite tempted!

newrider.com