Country Boots

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Does anyone have any recommendations for some decent, but not too pricey country style boots?

My mum has decided she would like some country style boots to ride in and so I have been tasked with finding a pair for her.

I'm looking for a pair around the £70 ish mark that will not fall apart the moment she uses them as she is a boot wrecker. They will only be used for riding in.

I've had a look on ebay and robinsons but some are makes that I don't know and I can''t find any reviews on them.

Well you've got your Toggi Canyons and your Dublin Rivers.

Personally, I have a pair of Kanyon Gorse X's. These have been fab and are totally waterproof after a couple of years of yard and riding wear, so I'm recommending those.

Reactions: toffle
really really wouldnt ride in country boots :(

i had the toggi ones and they lasted well as day to day yard boots

really really wouldnt ride in country boots :(

i had the toggi ones and they lasted well as day to day yard boots

Why wouldn't you ride in country boots?

I've looked at the Dublin River boots, she used to have a pair that looked similar to those so those are the ones I looked at first but they are a bit over our price range and I read a couple of reviews that someone wrote that they didn't last well.

I did see some Kanyon boots on ebay but hadn't heard of them, so off to have a google! :D

I LOVE my Hkm Belmond boots. Super comfy and warm. There is a spring and summer version too. I'll post a link. Got mine for £65 on ebay from a really good tack seller.

I LOVE my Hkm Belmond boots. Super comfy and warm. There is a spring and summer version too. I'll post a link. Got mine for £65 on ebay from a really good tack seller.

Thank you, just looked at these and they are just the sort she wants :D Trying to find the size of the calf and length of them and can't find a size chart anywhere.

i know of 2 people locally who fell off - wouldn't have been serious at all, one was in trot in the arena but both people were wearing country boots. They thought their stirrups were wide enough but the chunkier boot still caught and they got dragged. One broke her pelvis and could hardly walk for a year, the other had to have pioneering surgery to enable her to keep the use of her arm. Scared the living daylights out of me, id never ride in anything but proper jodh boots or riding boots now.

i know of 2 people locally who fell off - wouldn't have been serious at all, one was in trot in the arena but both people were wearing country boots. They thought their stirrups were wide enough but the chunkier boot still caught and they got dragged. One broke her pelvis and could hardly walk for a year, the other had to have pioneering surgery to enable her to keep the use of her arm. Scared the living daylights out of me, id never ride in anything but proper jodh boots or riding boots now.

We ride in caged stirrups so not an issue and I am looking at ones with less chunky soles anyway :)

Reactions: CharliesAngel
Caged stirrups are great, Im the process of ordering some for Mina CA as he ended up hanging sideways off his pony today and the peacock rubber bits didnt give! I was horrified.

Reactions: Toz
Thank you, just looked at these and they are just the sort she wants :D Trying to find the size of the calf and length of them and can't find a size chart anywhere.

There's definitely a size chart, cos I had to check them for myself, but, I might have found them on another site and ordered from the ones I mentioned. I know they come in normal and wide.

@domane I have those same boots and they're fab, they are designed for riding in so they have a smooth sole and they aren't chunky, I use normal stirrups and I don't feel any danger of them getting wedged in if I fall off. Highly recommend :)

Reactions: domane
Ariat Windermere boots are designed for riding too - tho they look like a country boot. They have a spur rest and a sole which isn't at all chunky / clunky. I often rode in mine (until I killed them off......)

I have a pair of kayon gorse that I love but always ride in jod boots as think they are far more comfy to ride in that long boots. I prefer to use half chaps or gaiters however have a long pair of riding boots that I've had about 8 years and are still look fairly new due to only been used for some shows x

I can't actually ride in my Kanyons because I have quite long lower legs and they have dropped so they now catch on the bottom of my saddle, which is tiresome but they are great for the yard and wearing generally.

Caged stirrups are great, Im the process of ordering some for Mina CA as he ended up hanging sideways off his pony today and the peacock rubber bits didnt give! I was horrified.
We had a scary incident with rubber bits that didn’t break aswell! When my daughter was little she got her stirrup caught on a gate, pony freaked at being stuck by her saddle and charged forward. It was the actual metal stirrup that bent!

Sorry to hijack op!

newrider.com