Courses to gain confidence

allym

Aug 2, 2009
Surrey
I live in Surrey and have been riding for 16 years. I had a bad fall last year which resulted in ending up at a&e as I had lost my memory for a few hrs and given myself concussion. Since this fall my confidence has started coming back but I find it so frustrating that my mind stops me from getting on with riding like I use to. I ideally want to work on my position and seat and learn to ride more using my seat, because even though I feel I have quiet a good position I feel that when something goes wrong I panic, go in to the feotal position and cling on. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any courses in Surrey or counties around Surrey that help with confidence building and teaching you a better seat.

Depending what your philosophy re horses is, there are different courses available

for example, if classical dressage is your thing, then check out holistic equitation -- they are classical dressage folk who do seat work AND Derek is a coach too, and works with confidence

If natural horsemanship is more your thing, then I do the same stuff - -seat work, confidence workshops etc at effective horsemanship

then there are places that do the more traditional approach

I tend ot travel to where people are to work with them in their own situation and have several clients in Surrey --

the most important thing is to find someone who works WITH your current horsey approach, and works WITH you

good luck!

Cathy

I've done simulator lessons but I don't find them particularly helpful to me personally just because its not a real live horse. I'm absolutely fine on simulators but I can't transfer it to a live horse!

I do think they are good for working on your seat but not so good for confidence - I think you need real horses for that.

newrider.com