Cross Country Questions

midnightmare

Oct 21, 2007
Derbyshire
Right, I'm planning on doing some cross country with Cleo soon, and I have a few questions.
First of all I want to get more confident hacking etc before I do it, but does anyone know any nice places around Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire with reasonably small jumps that are friendly and suitable for a novice horse and rider?
I think we'd both benefit greatly from it, Cleo is really enjoying her jumping and I need to let her experience it more often, and not just little show jumps in the arena. I think I'd feel a lot more confident in cross country rather than showing fences, I'm not sure why it just seems more like my kind of thing, not necessarily big fences but natural, fun fences like logs and water and stuff :D

Not really sure what this thread is getting at :redface: But do you think it'd be good to invest in a body protector aswell?

Definately yes to BP, not many courses will let you ride without one.

Eland is one of our favourites but minimum height is about 2'3...not sure what you have in mind...you can always play around and just jump what you want and sometimes they also put out some mini jumps around 18".

In Leicestershire but great and more natural is Aylesford, lots of logs, and a tiny option to most jumps with great up and down hill riding!

Or perhaps try a RC event..I think Longford do some over their own course

Once I get her a new saddle (next week or so) will def. get a body protector though. 2'3 is a bit too big I think, I'm not too good on sizes though. We could probably do Leicestershire, thanks for the suggestions :)

newrider.com