Cury Riding Stables, Cornwall

Sep 14, 2007
Anybody know it? It was (as the name suggests) in Cury but relocated a while back - i *think* to near the Lizard but i'm not sure. Ran beach and farm rides all summer - to Church Cove, Poldhu and a couple of other little ones. Some of the ponies - although possibly not all at the same time - who were there were Fizzy (little dapple grey suitable or beginners), Dandy (chesnut po with a blaze), Murphy (STUNNING dun po, very steady - not a plod but fantastic brakes!) Briar (roan mare, a little bit skittish but a lovely little lady - didn't seem to like the traffic too much!) and I think Bess, Bessie, or Tess, something along those lines, a dark bay mare - who i never rode (too big for me at the time) but my mum did and said she was nice but a bit of a plod and kept trying to eat the bushes ;)) (these descriptions may not be 100% right - they are from memory alone and it was about eight years ago!). Went there for several years each summer to go on treks and have a blast across the beach - then came one year, rung up, booked, turned up at the farm and ther was no one there - a horse in a field but no sight of any riders or anyone in the stables etc etc :(. Had lots of fun there although the place didn't seem entirely BHS, really strict, run like a military operation :eek:;):D - was a pretty relaxed, easy going place and TBH looking back i'm not sure why mum let me loose there when i was 7 - our first hack was led by an unqualified teen :eek::p! Really liked it there, though, and had lots of fun on the various ponies - so if anyone knows it or knows where they relocated to i'd love to hear from you :)!

I think my friend used to ride there. Did the rides go along the golf links on the beach ??? Think thats *** they were called. Emma always used to go on about a lovely roan pony called briar who she loved dearly. Emma used to live in Helston, Mullion (not sure if thats the same area tho):confused:

Yes it is the same area :) - Helston's not five miles from Cury :D! (and there's Mullion golf club right near Poldhu, which is possibly the same one)

Thank you :D! Shame about Briar :(, she was lovely. Definitely going to book something next time i'm in Cornwall - i've missed my holiday rides :)!

ETA: Just for giggles - an old pic of me on Fizzy goodness knows how many years ago :eek: :p!
picture.php

Last edited:
newrider.com