Cut which won't heal

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Rascal has a "paper cut" on his nose - he is not bothered in the slightest and certainly isn't off his food :D but I can't get it to heal - it never scabs and constantly "weeps" albeit minimally. It's right in the crease of his muzzle which is what's stopping it healing. I've left it, I've put aloe very on it... Any suggestions? Anyone fixed it before?

The vet is out tomorrow so will ask him - but seems trivial as it's not deep and clearly not bothering him!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400526494.780051.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400526479.980155.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400526479.980155.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
Can get aluspray I think its called, really great stuff is like a silver spray. Not sure if you can use on the muzzle though

Tobes is a very septic person irritatingly.

My vet who was in NZ till coming home, imports a massively expensive antibiotic cream. Very much like Dermobian which was cheap and easy to get before we decided that we would love to listen to Europe and everything that they thought, and it was banned here in the UK. You can get the Dermobian with no antibiotic which is absolutely useless.

You could try Manuka honey - sugar is a great thing for cuts and the Manuka has tea tree in it as well. This time of year, flies are obviously an issue, but for the winter, it works great.

Tobes is a very septic person irritatingly.

My vet who was in NZ till coming home, imports a massively expensive antibiotic cream. Very much like Dermobian which was cheap and easy to get before we decided that we would love to listen to Europe and everything that they thought, and it was banned here in the UK. You can get the Dermobian with no antibiotic which is absolutely useless.

You could try Manuka honey - sugar is a great thing for cuts and the Manuka has tea tree in it as well. This time of year, flies are obviously an issue, but for the winter, it works great.

I'm not sure honey would last long near his mouth :giggle::giggle::D it's in such an annoying place!!!

No, although Tobes managed to cut near his mouth a couple of years ago. He LOVES manuka honey, but it did seem to help - by the time it had dribbled down, it must have done a bit of its thing!!! You could try, it tastes nice for humans too, so if doesn't help Rascal, you could have it on toast!!

We use Alva horse Miracle cream - just rub it in over the whole of the muzzle a couple of times a day, Tess is forever rummaging in the hawthorne so scratches on muzzle not uncommon - Sudacreme is a cheaper option but I find it a bit thick to apply

I tend to go to the sudocrem for things like that only as i find it stays on longet than most other creams but agree with lemme its thick to put in but if you sit it in the sun for 10 mins i find it goes on abit easier :)
Btw soooo cute :-D

newrider.com