Cuteness time

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Well I have officially started this year's lambing.
Very late night last night with an 11pm check and then a 2.30am one. All was quiet. Then I arrive a 7am to be greeted with the first baby.
Unfortunately I went off to feed cattle and get the rest of the ewes back and when I came back to check on her she had passed a second lamb out but it was motionless. Ironically I did think she only had the one as she had already passed cleansing. So I was actually surprised to see a second. I'm kicking myself that I wasnt there.

IMG_20190323_183650.jpg

This one was due tomorrow but she has decided to get on with it. First time lamber who is being very good considering, she was a bit miffed when I shut her in the shed at 7 tonight and was acting like she'd never seen me before, darting round the pen.
She's actually had two and I've just been down to check on them and spray there umbilical cords. So I'm leaving her to bond till the morning and I'm going to get a nights sleep as I have a splitting headache just now.
IMG_20190323_214739.jpg

Reactions: Jessey
Aw I love lambies, I'm actually borrowing my friend and her kids in a couple of weeks as an excuse to visit a local farm where you get to feed them :D
It's a shame your first girl lost one, hindsight is a wonderful thing but as you say all indications were that she'd had the only one when you left.

newrider.com