Decision made, we're moving yard!

Jen0209

Aug 16, 2004
Ayrshire
Visit site
Hi all, im a bit of a lurker on here with the occasional post so i'll give you a bit of background first! Moved up to Scotland in feb as OH is in the RAF and posted up here. Had trouble finding livery yards with DIY space at the time, but eventually found one with indoor & outdoor school, really nice yard, turnout (but limited in the winter). This actually turned out to be that she was lucky if she got an hour a day in a muddy paddock for the first 2 months resulting in one VERY grumpy, miserable pony. Was a nightmare to ride from being in all the time and took a chunk out of OH's shoulder when he wasnt looking one day :eek: also found YO could be a bit interfering at times.

Was randomly looking on the net at work the other day when i found an advert for another yard. Is about 5 mins up the road from current one, has 3 HUGE fields..2 summer 1 winter. section of summer field used as jumping paddock in the summer, big indoor school, YO seems lovely and all year turn out! Is a bit more expensive but would rather pay a bit more and have a happy horse! So thats us moving on sunday.

Will post some pics of Millie in her new home. She'll also be pleased to be back out in a mixed herd...she likes the boys!

Hope the move goes well!

I know what you mean about the grazing - our fields can get trashed pretty quickly in the winter and turn out is more limited although they generally get between 5 and 8 hours but ours are usually happy to be in TBH - on the really bad days it's turn out in the school for an hour - not ideal but I suppose that's what happens when you live in such a wet country!

I'm never happy - the grazing is too good for C in the summer and not good enought in the winter!:rolleyes::D

Hehe hard to find a happy medium eh?! But shes definately an outdoor girl so in at night in the winter is plenty for her. Shes that daft horse that when its tipping with rain and everything else is hiding under a tree, shes stood in the middle of the field grazing!

newrider.com