Decorating

disaster of the day is finding that the curtains from the hallway which i laundered, the dye has run and they have shrunk. They are huge, custom size. Expect to pay £500 to replace.

The only good news is that i have managed to find a pair on ebay which fit, and match the colours.....and cost £50.....

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Huggy
Waiting for roofer to come and insurers to assess damage to ceiling walls and floor.....in between time have recycled an old vegetable rack, planted 300 bulbs and touched up all the paint which got dirty or scuffed with the floor going down, off to get clean then walk poodles, tired20210919_130344.jpg20210919_130337.jpg

disaster of the day is finding that the curtains from the hallway which i laundered, the dye has run and they have shrunk. They are huge, custom size. Expect to pay £500 to replace.

The only good news is that i have managed to find a pair on ebay which fit, and match the colours.....and cost £50.....

s-l1600.jpg
What a stroke of luck!!!
Waiting for roofer to come and insurers to assess damage to ceiling walls and floor.....in between time have recycled an old vegetable rack, planted 300 bulbs and touched up all the paint which got dirty or scuffed with the floor going down, off to get clean then walk poodles, tiredView attachment 108446View attachment 108447
Clever!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
You did not! Over what space? How long did it take???
not as long as you think couple of weekends, I spent about 3 days digging up and splitting snow drops this spring and making a carpet of them on this same bed. It all depends on the soil, if it is easy to dig it's fast, where i was working this weekend it is really shallow and stony so needs a bit more effort. Going to mulch it with loads of manure to try to build up the top soil.

er yes, but if you put it down now, it acts as a mulch over winter and by spring it is rotted down and leaves a nice loam on top for snowdrops to come up through

Insurance company said initially roof was storm damage, roofer came out, fixed it, insurance company then said it wasn't so all the internal damage i.e. ceiling coming down, floor ruined, is down to me. Not at all pleased.

newrider.com