Deserves a thread of its own......

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005

It has "only" taken nearly three years, but today I decided it was time to get back on Jack. I've had a couple of little sits over that period of time but Dom feels a bit too heavy for him at the mo so is dieting and Jack needs to get some muscle on him. I just feel that my confidence is now at a level to try him again, not that he ever did anything to scare me anyway, my mind and imagination was my own worst enemy!! Dom lets him shlep along anyway whereas I ask him to walk and work..... had planned to go out solo - something Jack hasn't done since I last rode him before my accident - but in the end I was asked if someone could tag along for our walk-only... and in hindsight, it was probably a good idea as Jack hasn't been off the yard since last year - and that was in company! But he didn't put a hoof wrong, more importantly - he didn't trip, which is one of my phobias with him - and whilst we were waiting for the other lady to get mounted, girth etc, Jack and I pootled down the lane without hesitation (and came back again) so I don't think he's yard-bound or nappy.

Next time will deffo be solo.....

Last edited:
Well done you - a huge step considering all you have been through I am not surprised that your mind has played tricks on you. I was only thinking about you and your accident yesterday when I was out riding, and how much courage it must have taken to ride again, let alone like you have today on a horse that you admit you have nerve issues with anyway. Delighted for you. :)

newrider.com