Devon/South west people please read.

J

jaydevon

further to a post for wales people, the lady that is taking the lorry to the horse trust is doing an amazing thing, she has agreed to us at bristol so.... any body that has any thing or that is willing to donate feed ect please pm me, im in exeter we will travel a few miles to collect or on route to bristol, the things the charities really need are things like feed, head collors ropes, buckets, and anything else it take to keep a horse, rugs basically any thing you guys can spare! if you have tack ecvt its also welcomed as i belive they also have a tack shop where they sell things to raise money.

thanks for reading
janine

*update*

***UPDATE** AFTER speaking with the Yard Manager at the Horse Trust to make sure that they still do want donations of goods. The last thing anyone wants to do is to create a further problem for them by turning up with eg tatty, dirty, torn etc rugs and so on. Well, the Yard Manager was brilliant. Yes they DO still want donations but they are up to their armpits in rugs! What they want now is FEED and BEDDING. So please, please put the word out. Some of the other rescue charities may still need other stuff but the Horse Trust want feed and bedding. Their Yard Manager has asked for shavings, mollichaff, fibrebeet, small bale haylage. i will almost certainly be posting more about this asap. ready for the convoy perhaps next week. We desperately need others to join this virtual convoy as it could be a huge undertaking if we try to take it all. And it might well turn out that there wasn't enough load room on our lorry anyway so it would be pointless. Please talk tome well in advance...more news as it unfolds. By the way, Horse Trust also need ££££s and they guarantee that 90p of every £1 donated goes to the horses! x

notmonty thats brilliant, i shall pm you when i have a date,

im just in the process of contacting all the local press, plus on a national level we have contacted the likes of gmtv and this morning ect. i shall have the trailer full to bursting!

we now have the local press coverage!! and 2 collection points, orchard nurseries tedburn st mary, rollestone feeds should also be on booard by the end of today. and town and country supplies in broadclyst.

Rollestone on board as of this afternoon.Also said they will contact some of their feed suppliers to see if they can donate.

em thank you so much for doing that, it really saved me a trip. the petiton has now been submitted to 10 downing street for approval, have a look on the horse and hound forums

just a bit of an update, i now have somebody in cornwall that is a collection point, she is also coming with us to bristol, however this has all gone a bit mad, so the chances are we will all be going as far as the horse trust,

i shall be doing collections this weekend, so shall be getting in touch with everyone that has messaged me over the next two nights, we will be doing final collections, on friday the 25th, mainley from our drop off points. we can also do collections in the evenings all week aswell.

once again i really do thankyou all, not just for the donations but also for the support.

newrider.com