Did the earth move for you? Jack in action!

So Green

Jun 11, 2009
For a big lad :D he can shift a little...the sooner he is broken to chains so we can harrow the school afterwards and remove the 'potholes', the better! :rolleyes:

3839796797_89f064946e.jpg

3839804887_9a6654edb0.jpg

3839794281_b11e88c4ef.jpg

3840578922_063c515af2.jpg

3839792549_2769b789c8.jpg

3839800449_f3193a3293.jpg

3840592218_ea92bceeef.jpg

3840590722_185f438b21.jpg

Love the pics! You look like you are having so much fun. Oh my goodness -- he is huge, isn't he? How do you mount? I'd need a ladder, I think.

Oh my! How many hands is he?!

He's ginorrrmous, check the dust clouds!!!

He was sold to me as a full 18 hands, but a quick poll round the yard and I reckon that he is anywhere between 18.1 and a bit and 18.3hh, but we can't check because the tape is stretched!!!! :rolleyes:

The combination of the size of his feet and his feathers, he really does shift the sand about a bit! :eek:

Love the pics! You look like you are having so much fun. Oh my goodness -- he is huge, isn't he? How do you mount? I'd need a ladder, I think.

It's not me, I was in charge of the camera, but riding him is such fun, you can't help smiling! :D

Mounting is fine, I use a normal sized block, but dismounting is really an undignified slide down his foreleg, taking care not to give myself a black eye on the stirrup! :cool: Fortunately he is a gentle giant and his sire is renowned for really nice temperament in his offspring, so he doesn't bat an eyelid!

He's a beaut! Makes my Clydie X look small! Do you find the size of Jack's feet a problem? Mine does in the school because the smaller-footed horses make a track round the edge which is just too narrow for big feet! Out hacking I'm sure he trips more because he struggles to find a large enough even surface to fit his feet on! BTW Love the name Jack too, think it really suits him.

lovely biiig horse - i remember practising flying changes on ruby yrs ago in a very echoey indoor school - when we came out - YO said she could hear us several hundred feet away:)

He's gorgeous - and he really looks as if he's enjoying himself. What's he like out on a hack - awesome I should think! Don't you just love these gentle giants.:p

I can't belive how uphill he is! How is he bred?

His sire is Nottage Trump Card, his dam is Stanmar Lady Mary and she's by Blackden Mascot.

In answer to the other questions, he LOVES hacking - he'll have been here three weeks on monday, so he's still incredibly nosey and enjoying exploring but he is a bit sloppy with his feet, so he stumbles a little - usually because he is peering over the hedgetops! I get a great view from up there :p He finds being in the school very dull, I knew that he had mainly been hacked before he came, but he hasn't got a clue about flatwork. He's unfit, has no bend or flex and is really lumpen on one rein, so there's some work to do before he is broken to drive, but I love him, he's so genuine :D and he really does try, even if he is not sure what he is supposed to be doing, and I couldn't wish for more than that! ;)

newrider.com