Difference between..

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
A flash noseband and a drop noseband, functionality wise? An instructor has recommended a drop noseband for Sully but when his bridle was made i opted for a detachable flash attachment incase i needed it.

I'm happy to get a drop noseband but think KV is kill me! :giggle:

A drop noseband is much better suited to the purpose of keeping the mouth shut than a flash - it is designed to do that, not like a flash that was as you say an option on the noseband to plug the gap in the market.

Would probably be best to look at why he is opening his mouth though - teeth/bit etc first rather than just clamping it shut - sorry if you already have done this :D

A drop noseband works without having to restrict the breathing which is sadly often not the case with flashes. Flashes were actually designed to be used with standing martingales which need the normal noseband to attach to and thus are a compromise. Sadly these days many are ineffectual fashion statements!!

A drop noseband works without having to restrict the breathing which is sadly often not the case with flashes. Flashes were actually designed to be used with standing martingales which need the normal noseband to attach to and thus are a compromise. Sadly these days many are ineffectual fashion statements!!

^^^ what eml said. :)

Oh dear.....are you going to want a drop noseband then?? :giggle:

P.S. We still have your pattern template.... ;)

^^^ what eml said. :)

Oh dear.....are you going to want a drop noseband then?? :giggle:

P.S. We still have your pattern template.... ;)

Arrrgh! That does explain it, he is still teething at the mo but has been checked by the vet. I have recently changed his bit to a 6" from a 5.5" because it was too small and he has quite a large fleshy mouth (lips).

Looks like i will need a drop noseband doing KV, can you PM a price :wink: Might aswell get the browband and noseband ordered together. Also how will iu measure for a drop noseband?

Just thought I would put a big thumbs up for drop nosebands. RI advised me n hero into one about 3 years ago. At first it was used for keeping him mouth shut (sounds horrible but that's the way it was) and now it's no where near as tight, but enough pressure for him not to take the mickey. Definitely pick drop over flash as Hero has a fine nose and mouth.

Definate advantages to them, and I saw unbelieveable improvement. Good luck

newrider.com