Dilute genes - cream, silver dapple, dun, champagne and pearl

Is she not on here anymore then ?
Last seen June 29th 2017. So not been here in a few months. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning, let alone what I wrote on a forum 9 years ago... so leaving it a couple of days rather than hours might give her a chance to see this if chev is still lurking. ;)

Reactions: T&T
Chev's been unwell and also had a bereavement, @T&T, so I'm afraid we're having to do without her expertise for much of the time. Why not post a pic of your cute dun in the main arena? Other people will respond, and though we may not have Chev's encyclopaedic knowledge we are all happy to give a view!

Reactions: T&T and HaloHoney
Chev's been unwell and also had a bereavement, @T&T, so I'm afraid we're having to do without her expertise for much of the time. Why not post a pic of your cute dun in the main arena? Other people will respond, and though we may not have Chev's encyclopaedic knowledge we are all happy to give a view!
Sorry to hear. I'm new and didn't know. Thank you for your help.

Just wondering if anyone has had bay foal with no white and blue eyes, seem to be darkening but is there a possibility of champagne gene? Previous foals have had dark eyes. Is there tests for this these days? Thanks

Attachments

• 07323566-7C5F-4E99-A37E-55F02CC9FB17.jpeg
    07323566-7C5F-4E99-A37E-55F02CC9FB17.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
  • C69F6081-F70A-4E46-83C7-38DE6F2CABE3.jpeg
    C69F6081-F70A-4E46-83C7-38DE6F2CABE3.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FCDD8563-FE35-4DC2-8FE9-460DFF4D145F.jpeg
    FCDD8563-FE35-4DC2-8FE9-460DFF4D145F.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 5
Hello welcome! I have no knowledge on genes etc, but have to say, you have a little beauty there!

I should have said that yes, your foal is super cute. Could the blue eyes be something that foals are born with, like puppies and kittens, which will change as the foal gets older?

I should have said that yes, your foal is super cute. Could the blue eyes be something that foals are born with, like puppies and kittens, which will change as the foal gets older?
Hey thank you. I’m unsure as previous foals had very dark almost black eyes 🤷🏼‍♀️

What a cutie. I've never seen a foal with that colour eyes. How interesting. Do you know what colour previous generations were?

This would have been so useful when I was doing my big honours year essay at uni. My degree was genetics and we got to pick anything for that essay. So I did horse coat colour genetics. At that time Minto was still owned by his breeder (he was bought and came home 2 weeks before my finals which was not ideal 😂). On their yard we’re his 2 full siblings. Then his dam was in foal again to a different stallion. So my essay was guessing the foals colour. I got it wrong!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
newrider.com