Do Clinton Anderson DVDs play in the UK?

neen

Oct 20, 2005
London
Does anyone based in the UK have Clinton Anderson DVDs bought from the US, and do they play okay over here?

I've tried asking at the Clinton Anderson site last week and got no reply -- I went back today to find they have a new "helpdesk" system and say they may not get round to answering emails for several weeks!:eek:

So, UK-based Clinton fans (if there are any of you out there) -- do the disks work over here, or are they region-specific?

Thanks

But most people in the UK need to know whether a DVD will play on a Region 2 player (or All) as well as Region 1 which is USA. HarryHobbes explaoned this to me.
We have a good Toshiba "home cinema" system but it is still a UK based one, not universal.

Not all USA discs are marked with their region e.g. Mark Rashid's but they play in our UK area, and most UK trainers making DVDs take care to have them usable in the States as well.

The best way to find out is to e-mail Anderson and ask him about specific DVDs.

But most people in the UK need to know whether a DVD will play on a Region 2 player (or All) as well as Region 1 which is USA. HarryHobbes explaoned this to me.
We have a good Toshiba "home cinema" system but it is still a UK based one, not universal.

Not all USA discs are marked with their region e.g. Mark Rashid's but they play in our UK area, and most UK trainers making DVDs take care to have them usable in the States as well.

The best way to find out is to e-mail Anderson and ask him about specific DVDs.

Sorry you're probably right I was muddling Video's and DVD's.I just use my desktop computer to play the DVD's I get from the states I didn't know there could be a problem.

Is that really so, that we can buy any Area 1 DVD and it will play on our computers's DVD drive?

I didnt know that, so thank you.

It will, but for most DVD drives for computers you can only change the Region setting a limited number of times (usually 5). There are ways around this. Probably the easiest and safest is to buy and install a bit of software that allows playing of any DVD. I think it costs $20-$40. Alternatively, you may be able to alter the firmware on your DVD drive with a downloaded program. This is a risky option, as you can permanently disable your drive if you get it wrong. A third alternative is to buy an external DVD drive and use that to play "other" region DVDs. Obviously that's a bit more expensive.

Having different DVD regions is a pain - all to do with maximizing company profits.

Thank you Chilli (which is the name of my cat, which took me aback a bit -- you can't be her though, she's not into horses at all ;) ).

And thank you to everyone else who posted -- it's a pain in the neck, isn't it?

I think I'm going to take the risk.

newrider.com