Do saddle company saddles drop as much as thorowgoods?

Don't know if it's the same, but it will be similar as far as I'm aware as some of the Saddle Co people apparently used to work at Thorowgood. What do you mean by drop? :)

sorry - I mean bed down :eek:

I have ordered a verona working hunter saddle, but I am having a bit of a moment of indecision. I am not sure whether to put the £550 into a good quality leather saddle rather than the saddle company one........:confused:

I think I would go more for what fits/suits your horse/pony rather than thinking of paying for a 'better quality leather one'. I had a very nice native pony saddle company saddle amongst other well known good quality saddles, even had one made for her. None of them have fitted her anywhere near as good on her at the saddle company one, wish I'd tried it first!! I would have saved hundreds of pounds.

Don't know if it's the same, but it will be similar as far as I'm aware as some of the Saddle Co people apparently used to work at Thorowgood. What do you mean by drop? :)

Presumably by drop, she means spread. My saddler told me that synthetic saddles do spread with time and there isn't much you can do about it. She isn't anti-synthetics so she didn't have an axe to grind.

newrider.com