Do you get synthetic saddles fitted?

yes, they are no different to leather saddles. It's probably MORE important you have a synthetic flocked saddle checked/fitted regularly as they seem to suck up flocking and can need reflocked more regularly.

I must admit I didn't (I guess I was a bit naive about such things). My YM's husband at the time, who was an expert on EVERYTHING equestrian - or so he thought :rolleyes: - told me what size he thought she was, and I just went ahead and ordered it :eek:

my one i bought i got a wide for a tbx ... lol... not the best idea.... bt we had backs checked etc.no back problems......
never had it professionally fitted either!
also used it on a x racer... fitted perfectly....

i would never have a leather saddle again if i colud help it !

Yeah so did she pretty much! *crawls under a stone!*

Too worsen it all shes short backed too!!! and inflates fat pads vvv fast so saddle now doesnt fit again!! ¬_¬

You most certainly should get a synthetic properly fitted. Even if you know the size, different makes and different modles of the same make all vary. Even two saddles of the same make/model/age should be checked, as they are hand made and each saddle is unique.

I never got Blue's synthetic saddle fitted, got a width gauge thingy to work out which size gullet to use, then tried that. When I bought him a 'posh' saddle company saddle though, I asked the saddle fitter to check the fit of his wintec dressage and GP, which were both ok.

newrider.com