Do you have trailer breakdown cover?

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
Mine is coming up for renewal at the end of this month. I have always had it without fail. Never needed but we used to be out quite a lot and the piece of mind made 3.5 hour each way trips less daunting. Anyway we will rarely be out now. Since this time last year it has been 3 trips to the vet only. I would *love* to box out to the odd hack this summer but it depends how he goes. Also we *might* need to go for more hock injections. So question is, do I let the membership lapse and then just rejoin if we plan to go somewhere. It takes 24hrs to kick in so plenty of time.

But then there is always the anxiety of what if we have to dash to the vets or the vet school. I find it impossible to let car go lower than half full of fuel with the panic of what if I need to get to vet school. Having anxiety is so lovely!

It is only £55 tho so really should I just rejoin and then not need it? Or save a bit of money until it is needed?

If it's only £55 for a year's worth of peace of mind, I would have thought that £4.50 a month was well worth it. £550 would have been different!

I did when doing a lot of travelling all over the country but don’t now and don’t really go anywhere, but I don’t have my own tow vehicle either currently and have lots of friends I know I could call even at 2am to sort me out. But for £55 a year, if you plan to do any regular towing I’d just do it.

I went for it and just did it. Like said for £55 to not have to worry it’s worth it. I have not broken down myself but rescued a friend twice who didn’t have cover and that added so much extra stress.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com