do you think i could get my money back? (long shot)

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
was really excited that my package arrived yesterday from Robinsons:) i had bought some snug boots in the sale for £20 and some sticky bum jods (their own range) Boots are lovely and warm and fit beautifully, but the jods - Oh Dear!:eek: Firstly i bought a size 14 being in the short and round brigade! they are slightly big but thought 'better than being too tight - had to cut the bottoms off the legs as always as im only 5'2'' and own really short stubby legs (cant mount a 14.2hh from the ground!!!!:eek:) So this morning i proudly wore them............... blimey they are uncomfortable, the sticky bum bit that also runs down the inside of the leg sort of sticks to your legs on the inside too, resulting in them pulling down - the crutch gets lower and lower:eek: They were ok to ride in, but i have now washed them in the hope that they might shrink or something to help the bagging crutch and bum!
Now if they are the same tomorrow what do you think my chances of a refund are as i have cut the bottoms off and washed them - my reason would be that they are sooo uncomfortable and rubbing/pulling down?
I dont hold out much hope, but do you think i should try or do you think its a bit rude?

I don't think it's likely as you have altered them. The only way you would have got a refund was if the fit was wrong and they were unworn, or if there is a manufacturing defect. I think you might be stuck with them!

I don't think it's likely as you have altered them. The only way you would have got a refund was if the fit was wrong and they were unworn, or if there is a manufacturing defect. I think you might be stuck with them!

thats what i thought:mad:

FOR SALE - pair of sticky bum jods worn only once - suitable for a short round person with very short legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;);)

sorry but under the distance selling regs, having altered them and washed them, you've lost out :(

You could only return them if they were faulty, and they aren't

Ebay them ???

what a bummer!:( i always rush into things then live to regret it - will just have to walk around with a baggy crutch now! :eek::eek:

my camera is broken - and i havent got one on my phone - will ask my freind to take one and forward it to me - imagine the conversation ''Please will you take a picture of my baggy crutch!!:eek:' i'll wait in the tack room for the police to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've got a pair of the canary ones and the sticky bum bit is really hard and SO uncomfortable but then I only bought them to show in so they don't get worn much and to be fair I think a lot of it is becuase I have grown outwards since I bought them.

newrider.com