Do you think im too big???

shell1990

Mar 6, 2009
Newcastle uk
Hi i have just got a gorgeous pony shes only 13hh and im 18, 7 1/2 stone and 5"4 do i look too big for her? :D

Attachments

• DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Yes!!

You are a big fat trollop!!!

:p

Of course not - you are fine!

hello and welcome to the forum!
h1.gif

You might find yourself unbalanced because of your height, but weight wise there is no problem at all. Welcome to the pony club ;) !

She's lovely and I think you look really good together - you're nowhere near too big or IMO even too tall to feel unbalanced.

However, can I just say that the saddle looks quite a bit too far forward, you need to slide it back a good 3-4 inches. It's a really common mistake - I did it for years until a saddler pointed it out to me!!

Ditto SarahB, you are fine on her (she is really lovely:D) but just slide your saddle back a bit - its up her neck (really really common and you never seem to notice till someone else points it out:eek:)

Hi and welcome! :) No, you're fine - Pony is lovely!

P.S. At your height and weight, I'd love you to come and ride my Welsh Sec A! She's 11hh!! :)

I just laughed at the original question and the above answer. Why would you even think that you are too big for that pony? Probably because so many people think that a bigger horse is best. I offer my Exmoor Pony to neighbours to ride (she can easily take an average or more than average adult) and they laugh - especially men :mad: All of my neighbours ride big horses, that they need a mounting block to get on - so when I hack out with them it is me who gets off to open/close gates :rolleyes:

BTW - I am 5'4", 8.5 stone and ride a 11.2hh Sec A :)

Ali xx

She's lovely and I think you look really good together - you're nowhere near too big or IMO even too tall to feel unbalanced.

However, can I just say that the saddle looks quite a bit too far forward, you need to slide it back a good 3-4 inches. It's a really common mistake - I did it for years until a saddler pointed it out to me!!

I agree re. saddle & I also think if you had a nice VSD type gp with straight cut, it would suit you and your pony much better - you look great on her, lovely pony!

NO! I'm about to go look at a 14hh welsh d mare and was having a wee crisis that I was going to be too big for her(old boy was 16hh tb), but seeing your photo makes me think I'm being silly!

newrider.com