do you think things are done for a reason

allym

Aug 2, 2009
Surrey
Well this last year has been a bit up and down with me and horses. At the begining of the year i fell out with the owner of the share horse i had (who i'd ridden for five years) so i decided to leave. I was then offered my friends cob who is a bit of a cheeky monster and happened to buck me off and put me down A&E with concussion. Really lost my nerve but persisted with him for a bit but knew it wasn't gonna work. I then went back to a riding school and continued looking for a share but everything i found wasnt suitable. My friends kept on telling me the right one would come along i just needed to be paitent. Well just when i was about to give up a lovely girl replied to my add saying she had two youngesters and a loan horse and needed some help. The loan one i fell in love with but She had lots of issues due to her past but i was happy to ride her. Honestly she just needed someone to understand her. Anyway she has had to go back to her owner. I found out that she had collapsed on the way back and ended up at the vets. The vet has done tests and its not looking good so will probably have to be pts. I was so sad and thought why did fate put her in my life and then i realised she had been so loved the last few months by me and the girl who loaned her and she'd never really known that and maybe that was why i found her and ive also made a great friend with the girl who loaned her.

Last edited:
Yes, I do believe that things happen for a reason - sorry that the mare isn't well but the fact that she has been well cared for and loved by you for the last few months will have made a huge difference to her.

Everything happens for a reason yes.

The people i share with have gone to college and loaned out the horses, so i had to find another livery.

I've only been at this place a month or so and two little cute fluffball turned up, that i've offered to help handle. They are wild 5 and 6 yr old so won't be a stroll in the park but it will be a fantastic opportunity to study the fluffballs look on humans.

Things definitley do - I think the same with my ponio :) (although thankfully she is healthy touch wood atm) - I couldnt leave her having given her the time of day and all my love and tried to understand he rso much for the past few months.

((hugs))

Thanks for your replys. Im still quite upset about it all but i believe everything happens for a reason. I am now helping this girl (who has turned out to be a great friend) with her youngesters. This is gonna be very interesting for me and im looking forward to it. She sat on her cob for the first time today and he was brilliant. I will be doing alot of ground work first with them to build up that bond and we have the use of another friends reliable cob who we can use to guide them.

I certainly believe that everything happens for a reason. Especially the bad things.

Bad experiences help us to become stronger and more resources so that when the next opportunity comes that life throws at us we are more likely and able to give it our best shot and really make it work :)

Trouble is that when you are in the middle of the bad times it truly feels like it will last forever and you won;t ever bounce back up again.

i too think everything happens for a reason. i also think that these sort of things happen so that we have the oppertunity to do our true lifes purpose--- not the one that earns us lots of money or social position, but the things that give us the most personal fulfillment( and sometimes the most pain). thesre are the true purpose of our life.

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. Iv'e been around a few years and have had, like most people some horrible times, and it is hard when they happen to make any sense out them.
But looking at where i am now in my life , and what i'm doing with animals and people, in some very bizarre way i believe is what was mapped out for me from the start of my life, and whatever happened on that journey was for a very good reason.
I would just like to say to the person in charge, that i am not impressed at all with a lot of the things that youv'e had me go through on this journey, and your sense of humour stinks at times!!!!!:D:D

There is logic and reason behind every situation we encounter.

Most people woudl say I was mad to by Tyler after 3 months of mucking out stables and not much else, perhaps 3 lessons after 15 year break from horses (was 21 when I got him 3 years ago), but I made the decisions and I have never once regretted it. I honestly think T was meant for me (delightful little giant walking stomach that he is!!)

I hold no regrets as I have learnt something from every situation and developed from it.

Just sit back, enjoy life and everything it holds. You are who you are because of it

newrider.com