Does Anybody Else Have Their Horse....

Mine are freezemarked for safety but it was a nightmare having it done, USE A TWITCH!

toby is freezemarked, Kez is chipped. I'm toying over getting toby chipped aswell.

I had my 2 chipped, the old boy was freeze marked before we got him.
I don't like the look of freeze marks particually, I have been toying with getting some branding irons made up so I can hoof brand them, as an external deterrant.

For those of you who have microchipped, what assurances do you have that your chip is the one that will suit the scanner at most ports or vets up and down the country?

I am thinking about it but keep hearing negative stories.
xx

Dee

For those of you who have microchipped, what assurances do you have that your chip is the one that will suit the scanner at most ports or vets up and down the country?

I am thinking about it but keep hearing negative stories.
xx

Dee

Costa is microchipped. The problem with microchipping is that you need a scanner to read it (any scanner will do) But like in slaughter houses, they are SUPPOSED to look for microchips, but many don't :(

If I didn't think freezebrands took away from the look of the horse, I'd freezebrand mine, but in the meantime, microchipping will have to do

My old horse was freezemarked with his name on his bum - only an extra £5 for a private plate, bargain! Put me off straying from the official rights of way though...

I've just had her ladyship microchipped but to be honest I would have preferred a freezemark. Trouble is she is blue & white, she will bleach out so I would have had to get her mega-freezemarked so the hair fell out. She has sensitive skin that burns easily so I didn't think it would be a good idea, all things considered.

Oscar was feezemarked and chipped when I got him. I dont think that the freeze mark looks bad - you dont see it when he is tacked up anyway. And out in the field it just makes him look posher than he actually is!

newrider.com