Does anybody have a irish cob x shire?

I think they can come out a number of ways. Lucy is most likely cob X shire (so is Midnight Rose's Sammy, who also looks more like Lucy than like the advert).

showing_walk.jpg

This is my boy.
He is irish cob,i bought him off his breeder at 2yo.
Although numerous times i have been asked if he is a baby shire.(he ,at last measure was only 15hh at just 4yo)
TBH he could have anything in his pedigree,his mum was heavy weight,skewbald and 15hh,his dad was heavy weight black with 4 white stockings just like him but he stood 15.3hh tghey were both irish cobs.

Image011.jpg

Looks a lot like Flynn!

Stafford.jpg

Flynn3-2.jpg

Don't know exactly what he breeding is, he was just sold as an Irish Cob. Sorry that's not especially helpful!

Mine is an Irish cob, could be cross anything....
P1040475.jpg

He is lighter than his dam and who was bought at Appleby already preggers so I am thinking the sire was most likely a trotter.
His mother (left) and half sister (right...
IMAG1147.jpg

i have an i think irish cob! his dad was a heavyweight black cob and his mum was a middleweight piebald cob! so i am told! so he could be any sort of cob! :)He is 15hh so he could have small shire in him:p somewhere as well as appaloosa as he has spots!!:D

Image131.jpg

fergie.jpg

I have a shire X (had him 5 weeks now)

previous owners don't know what he was crossed with

at 18hh though i doubt it was a cob, although could be wrong

Harry

horse004.jpg

This is my "irish cob" mare - She's only 15hh but her head is full-extra full size and she needs a 6" bit... I've always wondered if she has a touch of shire in her somewhere.....

C1.jpg

My girl is a Dales/cob x and looks similar to Cherry, Flynn, Nelly and chaospony's boy. Your boy just looks like a standard cob type to me, and most cobs have some draught blood in them somewhere.

I have a welsh cob x shire - though somehow he only managed 14hh:D But he is the lightest pony ever on his feet - despite the heavy feathering.

camera1017-1.jpg

Funny you should say that Magicsix, my farrier tells me that Cherry is very light on her feet as well... although from the sound she makes and the way the ground wobbles, you wouldn't have thought so!! Or when she treads on MY feet!!! :rolleyes:

Just goes to show that size and weight don't always make them heavy on their feet.

Domane, cherry always reminds me of Ginny, although i have no idea about breeding!(although looking at this thread probably and irish cobx shire) i dont no her sire or dam, and they are not on her passport :( Ginny is also 15hh and needs a 6" bit;):D

everyone's horses are beautiful!!

Last edited:
Sam is very like Lucy, just black and splodgy not brown and splodgy!

He's 16-ish HH. Maybe 16.2, I've never measured. I'm 5' 5" if it's any help. He's always been known as a shire X

Please try not to look at me..... it was just before a fancy dress parade and I was sat, relaxing, in my Sammy armchair!! So not only am I dressed like an idiot I also look a really strange shape!!

Sam-1.jpg

And Sammy jumping (not me riding) just because he's super cute when he jumps. He loves it and gets all over excited and tucks his legs up really high and jumps everything huge which is what makes him look so cute!

Samjump.jpg

newrider.com