does anyone compete bitless? and where

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
i've found a venue that accepted my rope halter to compete in the sj, i emailed first to ask and got a reply.

i'm refering to rope halter or rope hackamore

If you like dressage, and bitless riding, Interdressage, the internet-based dressage competition, permits bitless bridles (NOT hackamores) in lots of classes. Ususally, in 'live' dressage, bitless bridles are not permitted.

My Parelli halter is permitted under Interdressage rules, although I've yet to enter 'bitless'!

Go to www.interdressage.com for more info! Or PM me! I'll chat all day!

thanks kis vihar i'll ad site to my site links as people often wonder what they can do in a halter/ bitless. it's an option to do dressage this way.

i've been riding and hacking with a rope hackamore combo for last two years, i now don't like the bridle, as pony goes better without it.

I do Sport endurance rides in my bitless bridles, and theres a fair few people who ride in rope hackamores, but I suppose endurance isn't classed as real competing.

endurance is in my books, my friend does the golden horse shoe and i know how much work time and effort it takes to get to that level.

i have already added endurance to my website and fun rides.

newrider.com