Does anyone do Homeopathic Booster rather than the injection !!!??????

JBAKER

May 19, 2006
LINCOLNSHIRE
hi Im just seeing if anyone does homeopathic for the booster instead of the injection as I have a 27year old shetland am Im sure last year its what gave him the gastric ulcers , he was loosing blood no end had to go into the vets for 2 weeks in the end, so I am a bit weary on what to do does anyone do homeopathic if so what for and what does it cover and are you still able to take them out ?? does the vet cover it or not ??? hope to get some answers as Its soon due and am very:confused: :confused: on which way to go .
thankyou !!

It all depends on what you do with your Shetland.I know that riding club rules state that only the Flu vaccination is recognised and valid to compete.If you show your shetland its worth checking with the organisers what their rules are before going ahead.

Injection alternatives

I talked to my vet about doing blood tests instead of routine jabs as a way of only giving them what they need, he said that after a horse has had a few tetanus jabs the horse is good for life anyway - so i'm sure your oldie will have had his lot of that one.
The flu can't be checked as it only lasts a year. My horse had colic from the pain in his shoulder becouse he reacted to it and it came up in a huge lump. The vet said he would use a different company next time.
I would be tempted to try the Nosodes (homeopathics) for flu but i don't know if you are allowed to compete on it. For the sake of the horse it would be better maybe not to compete him and use nosodes?

I had my dog treated homeopathically and the hom.vet said the nosodes help to protect them against the complications so maybe you could do both. I had a great hom.vet in Bristol but can't find one in suffolk which i am very disappointed about. My horse had a punctured sole and abcess when i was there and was only treated homeopathically.

:) thankyou for your replies, its put my mind straight, im going to do it homeopathic, and worming homeopathic as I dont want to go through whay i did last year, it seemed funny him and his brother having gastric ulcers shortly after there booster so I dont want to risk anything doing it again.

newrider.com