Does anyone have any Equitector long boots? What are they like?....

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
I have long hankered after a pair of long boots, but due to being a "plus-size" rider have never been able to get any to fit my chunky (17") calves.

It turns out that I would probably fit them in some Equitector long boots and before I spend £160 :eek: I wondered if anyone has any and what they think of them?

I have the short zip up boots, theyre ok, not as nice as my ariats though!

Do keep your feet warm though. :) Make sure you dont wear holey socks with them as it really hurts! :eek:

Hi Sarah B

I am another plus size rider with big calves. I have a pair of the Equitector long boots which to begin with are a tight fit. They send you an instruction leaflet in the box about how to put them on in order to "wear them in".(May need a second person to do up back zip).
Once you have passed that initial phase, they are a good fit for large calves, they also have toe protection (useful if TC accidentally steps on you I think) and they are quite supportive to your ankles to ride in.

My one gripe about them was that the toe of the boot is quite pointed and the leather fairly rigid, I suffered some blisters getting used to them.

Hope this helps a bit:)

I don't know anything about them, but I have the same size calf as you do. Over here they don't make any long boots for bigger calves. The tack shop I went to told me I would have to pay $895 for someone to make them for me. So I just wear short boots and half chaps!

I saw them in an advert in Your Horse and went to buy a pair today (like you I have 17 inch calves) but was not too enamoured. I had followed the size guide on their website but it was wrong- I needed med not short height.
I bought a pair of Treadstone +2 instead saving £60.
If you like them and are a BHS member you save 10% buying direct from their website and with the code Winter07 you get free postage til 05/03/07...

Last edited:
i have them and they are great.:D

They are good when riding as with normal zip up boots i think they can be a little restrictive. But as they have the elastic you have a bit more flex in your leg, so i felt i could put my leg on better.

They are proper shoe size fittings with room so dont buy a size bigger for thick socks!! they will be too big. :)rolleyes: :eek: ) thats what i did but they are fine for riding in, just walking in is a bit strange!!

Also when you are on the horse you cant actually see the elastic panel so they are very smart :D

Only boots I've found to fit 17" calves are the Mountain Horse range, but they can be on the long side for shorties!!

Only boots I've found to fit 17" calves are the Mountain Horse range, but they can be on the long side for shorties!!

the equitector stretchy bit gives you an extra 2 and a quarter inches of stretch so it works out at 18and 3 quarters of space.
And they do a short version which fit me and with the drop in the leather will sit perfectly. I have very short big fat calves :D

but idiot here ordered a size 7 foot when im only a 5.5 - 6 :rolleyes:

im thinking of selling mine with a view to going down a foot size. so i would buy them again.:D

newrider.com