Does this sound reasonalbe for 3 and a bit years riding and horse/stable management

allinyourrows

XX RIP Major. XX
Jul 22, 2007
location location
www.myspace.com
Riding

Walk
Trot
Canter
Jump up to just under 3 ft
Jumping course including single strides and bounces
Cross Country
Canter figur of eights, with change of dianogal either in trot, or by flying change
serpentines etc
Dressage tests
coping with a range of differnt horses, including young/strong/excitable/rude/generally fizzy Sharp horses. (and jumping them)

Stable management
Dealing with all kinds of rug
handling bad mannered horses
Bandeges
boots (inc travel)
Tacking up (well dur)
Grooming, feet etc
bringing in and turning out horses
lunging
mucking out
plaiting up to a showable standard.
trotting up

Thats all i can think of right now,how am i doing?

Exactly Fanshawe. Some people get so caught up in what they can do - the "oh I jump 1.30m for fun" kind of people :mad: - that they seem to forget that around horses the most pleasure comes from the simple things, like a quiet hack around the block.
Allinyourrows it sounds like you have learned a lot in a relatively short time, good on you. It's always nice when you develop a new skill to add to your list! I've been riding for 6 years and still can't jump or do flying changes! - I never had lessons, which might explain a bit, but I'm also a bit of a coward :) Keep up the good work.

yeah, we have this group of 4 women at our yard with their posh horses who are like oh yeah we do *fill in with advanced dressage movment of choise* 3 times a day for fun now im just like thats nice, dont care. I love just spending time with freya and tottering around bareback. I would like to jump a bit higher, but when i got freya she buggered my confidence jumping, so had to go back to basics... fun.... My Cross country could do with improving, freya is REALLY good BUT she needs about 20 minutes to buck and go mad between each fence... 6 year old chestnut mare, what else can i say!!

You're doing great! :D

You have done more than me with the riding part (alot due to lack of confidence at times on my part!) and we are on the same level with stable management. I have had alot of experience because i have a full loan atm.

May I ask why you ask if it's reasonable? :)

You're doing great! :D

You have done more than me with the riding part (alot due to lack of confidence at times on my part!) and we are on the same level with stable management. I have had alot of experience because i have a full loan atm.

May I ask why you ask if it's reasonable? :)

I ride with no one my own age... and most of the people at my yard have been riding since before i was born! So its difficult to find someone to compar myself with, and more importantly to ride with. I do however always find myself comparing Freyas leg yield with the others horses shes SO good at them

newrider.com