Doggy smell in car

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
My pajero smells quite strongly of dogs (due to having my dogs in it!) and old car. Whilst I'm quite partial to the smell of dogs myself I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea and as I've got my trailer towing course in a couple of weeks I wondered whether anyone could recommend a good air freshener or something that would kill the smell. I'm doing the course in my own vehicle and the instructor will be in there with me for the whole day, so it could be quite unpleasant for him if he's not a doggy person! Thanks.

Thanks Tao, never thought of good old Febreze. Think we've got some in the back of a cupboard somewhere. I was thinking along the lines of one of those car freshener thingies though - those ones that make your car smell like fresh lemons or something when you get in. I've tried all sorts though, from supermarkets and garages, but they either smell too chemically and sickly or they're not strong enough! Febreze is a very good option :)

Hmm good luck to you - wasnt paying attention when I bought my freelander, they must have had the windows wide open until the minute I came round the conrer cos when I got it home I realised it STANK - I scrubbed, hoovered and in the end even had it professionally valetted and it still stank!!!!! Febreeze and open the windows :)

Fabreze rocks:D. Its the only thing that keeps my husband willing to even get into my pajero:eek:

(and just for the record, I have heard it helps with flea control ;))

Thanks. Looks like I will be stocking up on the Febreze then! It's a lovely sunny day today :) so will have a car cleaning session I think.

newrider.com