Dolly's halo slipped slightly today!

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Well bless my soul...havent ridden her for a week and went down to try my friends Stubben on her - hoping it fits cos I love how secure I feel riding IN it rather than ON it.

So tried it all on and hopped on just to walk her around the yard - I tutted as OH handed me my hat and said 'but Im not going anywhere only toodling up and down to the gate!' Anyway, for peace's sake I put it on.

Walked 20 yards up to the gate and she put in the biggest, loopiest spook that Ive had to sit for years!:eek: OH and I couldnt see what the devil had spooked her - but because she had I then had to ride her out down the lane so she wouldnt think a big spook means we stay home!:giggle: She was very forward going but didnt repeat the silly behaviour Im glad to say.

Item 1 - do hope the Stubben does fit her - think I might have been out the side door with my normal saddle:redface:

Item 2 - even Dolly has her moments on lovely fresh spring grass:giggle:

Item 3 - OH was right as usual - always put your hat on cos you never know!

But I still love her!:inlove:

Oh bless her!!!!!!

Great that she had one silly moment then got over it, and fab that you took her a bit further even though she had a wobbly :)

Yep FM - tis very, very windy - hadn't thought of that TBH - just got so used to absolutely nothing spooking her - didnt take account off the leccy fencing billowing in the wind or the dead old leaves blustering around us! Mix one weeks belly full of spring grass then I guess even the old plod is excused the odd spook!:biggrin:

Poor Dolly - like you say prob a combination of grass and wind that made her spook - important thing is, you stayed on and it doesnt sound like it's bothered you so all good:biggrin:

Gawd, it must be catching! I took the normally imperturbable Mattie up to the school today and when we were nearly there a gust of windy wind turned over a plant leaf and he gave a HUGE spook and spun right round.

????? Go figure!

I am glad you stuck on Dolly though, I hope the saddle works out OK because it sounds great!

i hate to say this but her rival in the perfection stakes still has her halo intact.....

been out again tonight, another test for her as she thought she was coming in for dinner and shut eye and instead got taken for a walk! and had to pass 12 alpacas which were all at the fence and spitting at her, a lot of horses wouldn't have gone past them. she took going out against her better judgement and inclination pretty well, a few token you must be joking plants and then walking on.

Well done for sitting it :biggrin:

Very windy over here too, my lad was a right old t*t last night, he saw a bit of bag blowing in the distance, grew a few hands and decided to take us for a canter back the opposite way :redcarded:

These things happens sometimes, regardless of how straight-forward and easy the pony usually is. Yes, always where a hat - I would feel totally naked without mine :unsure:

Very well done for pushing on and taking control. I need to learn to do that :biggrin:

newrider.com