Don't think this poor pony knows what's hit her lol!!

This is gypsy. She arrived on New Year's Day and to say she and her life have dramatically changed from before she came is an understatement. When we went to see her she would hardly move. Literally had to chase and drag her round their garden. Which she had been living in with kids climbing on her and using her as a chair lol!! The only company she had was a couple of dogs behind some fencing.

This was her when we went to see her
228fe8f11969e7777ebfa0daa8d1f79b.jpg

The day she arrived.
d6de4de357fa112fea4ff3388239e1b9.jpg

6fa31ee087b4b2075a89de872e657cb8.jpg

She's a cracking little mare but not been greatly looked after for the past few years. Has shown a little in the past with good results. She's my little girls pony and all the kids come to ride her lol!

Since she's been here she's been a busy bee

f4676f52443c95ed40a9a42a250de61d.jpg

faf267c6603a9b64dcfda6ddc056580c.jpg

635d5c8fc9d6e5f54e94ca702a467127.jpg

a0fbbc85d0802d70ffae7d767d5c35d8.jpg

6f88ff1344ae0777a88a535f79fefd73.jpg

5f086ae8dc065e856f0e5d6aaad49542.jpg

92f711af42b9e3d6072ac0e7c2967d55.jpg

4c4ac9eff2b5060e46ab601c4d2ab171.jpg

5d36e128e628f654871dcde974f0f29a.jpg

0f1a58ff6ecaa6e86fb5366f33403aa2.jpg

They sold her because she was too slow for the kids.

Within the first week that had changed. She loved having a herd to be with and she's gotten fitter whilst keeping up with them as they swap between the 3 fields.

The first time we rode in the arena after she arrived she thought she had to follow us haha! She can hop through the fence you see and basically goes where she likes. She was knackered after following us and the novelty of that wore off fast haha!

We started long reining and lunging to try and start thinking about not being a lead rein pony and slowly but surely it's working out well :). Hopefully we will break her to drive this year as well.

Just found out we can ride and lead with her so she will be coming on the smaller hacks with us too! Got to keep her fit and try to keep the lami at bay so she can stay with her friends in the field. :).

A very different life to the one she's become accustomed to and I think she is enjoying it. She starts off a little nappy but once she gets going she loves it!!

She's a fab little pony. Wormed her way firmly into my heart lol. I just love working with her. She works almost as hard as the rest do now and she's just a completely different pony.

Farrier came the first time and said how it would take quite a while for her feet to show improvement. She had dropped soles and bare laminae showing. This time although the soles are better and her hood angle is better that's still got a long way to go but there was hardly any laminae showing so he was really impressed! As long as she's sound and happy so am I :)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
What a lucky pony to have come to your family:D:D:D:D:D;);););)

What a cutie!

I love the photos keep them coming!!!:D:D

Your big red boy with the white nose reminds me so much of Sonny. He looks like hes got a "Sonny temperment"
lovely and easy going.

It is cute with everyone looking at the new friend:D:D:D:D:D

I've never seen that book but I might have to have a look now lol! We are very lucky we have a fabulous setup here. Most of gypsys bits are on my diary Ems equines :). Her and chloe had a fab ride today. Pictures to make you go ahhh lol! Will update that soon!

H&GM jasper is exactly that. Lovely and easy going. He's not had the greatest life but he's been with me now 8 years and he knows he's got it good compared to the previous 10 years of his life and he's repaid me by becoming my absolute rock of a horse. Half of what I do I couldn't manage without him. He's dependable and fantastic with teaching the youngsters. I will be lost without him when he finally leaves us. Hopefully not for many years yet :)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
H&GM jasper is exactly that. Lovely and easy going. He's not had the greatest life but he's been with me now 8 years and he knows he's got it good compared to the previous 10 years of his life and he's repaid me by becoming my absolute rock of a horse. Half of what I do I couldn't manage without him. He's dependable and fantastic with teaching the youngsters. I will be lost without him when he finally leaves us. Hopefully not for many years yet :)

My Sonny was a Pony Horse at a Racetrack before I got him. He is an honest horse and the girl I got him from took very good care of him.
Before her he was a roping horse.
When the track closed they both lost their jobs and she did not sell him because he was a problem. She ended up getting a non horse injury.
Everything she said about him was spot on he is an awesome guy!!.
He is not flapped at all by things and if he ever seems concerned about something I know there is something to be concerned about.

Reactions: em_123 and Ruskii
That is the cutest fluff ball pony I have seen for a long time. Reminds me very much of the first ponies we were allowed on as children, real little Thelwell sort. :)

newrider.com