Dont You Love Spam /Junk Emails

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I had a very nice email from a company informing me (after reading my website), it didn't feature on the first page of any search engine.
This will have an impact on my business.

Had they actually really bothered to read it, they would know its not a business. :D

Now how would Cortrasna respond.:p Anyone?

Hahhaaa. I used to get loads of weird spam ones. Naughty me used to reply talking gibberish. Well, serves them right for sending it.... Hehhee, though Mr T says it will only encourage them!

I've had 2 in as many days about a saddle I'm selling asking for my best price and random questions about how long I've had it and how good it is, oh and they want to pay by cheque and arrange a courier... Well I think that's what they meant from their broken English.... Hmm I don't think so sonny

Reactions: Trewsers
Just had this one, seriously do people fall for this!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my family and I came down here to Kiev, Ukraine for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed all cash,credit card and mobile phone were stolen off us but luckily we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all the bad news is our flight will be leaving in less than 8-hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

I'll need your help (LOAN) financially of £2,500. I promise to make the refund once we get back home. Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

Andrea

Eh, you contact your extended family and friends not a total stranger! They have access to a computer!

Forgot to add that the subject was horse related so encourages you to read it.
Do you think people are that stupid? Clearly it works as they wouldn't try it.

I get them regularly from abroad claiming to want to give me a small fortune that has been left to me in a will. All I have to do is give them my bank details..........o_O

This morning there were none.
I did get an email telling me to ignore the scam.

What's annoying though is they send your email in bulk to twenty others who all then have your email. That could potentially get given/sold on to others?

Not sure but "data mining" goes on all the time. Even in seemingly innocent situations. For example I entered a comp and did not tick the box to say I didn't want my email passing on. I got swamped shortly after with loads of spam! Bit miffed at myself as it was a new email account and as such hadn't been mined!

newrider.com