Dopey goes mental

P

pinkheather

Out to-day and where i go i have to go on the road for about half a mile to get to my cantering and galloping places. As we were making our merry way a great huge tractor with a mobile cattle crush came to-wards us with flappy bits, got past no bother, however there is a wall about horse head height on this side of the road. As i took one hand of the reigns to ride on the buckle one of these horse eating squirrels jumped out of a tree on to the top of the dyke right next to dopeys head and about 3 feet away. Dopey half reared and spun round at the same time and tried to head of at the gallop back down the road. I managed to stop her before she got more than 4 or 5 yards and get her facing the dyke across the road. She started to calm down as i gentled her neck but this driver must have thought i was doing tricks as she attempted to squeeze past. I manged to get HER to stop until we got back on an even keel and carried on for the rest of the hack, Why are some drivers completely clueless and so important that they cant wait 30 seconds to overtake she must have seen that the horse got a fright. Never a dull moment with dopey.

Poor Dopey - squirrels are known for being VERY frightening horse eating creatures, along with pheasants which are similarly scarey!

And yes, you do sometimes wonder whether some drivers should be allowed out on the road as they have so little sense.

The complete lack of common sense with some drivers is actually frightening I think! Often they make an already fraught situation a billion times worse with their impatience.:devil:

Glad that Dopey came good in the end PH, strange how it is always the unexpected little things that set them off, hardly ever the really big scary monsters we prepare for!

Poor Dopey, I expect she had used up a great chunk of braveryness getting past the tractor and cattle crusher and a horse eating squirrel was just too much.
Daisy met a horse eating deer the other day, deer stood there with such an intimidating and menacing look (like they do) of course Daisy was going to turn into a steam train and snort the rest of the way home :wink:

Poor Dopey, I expect she had used up a great chunk of braveryness getting past the tractor and cattle crusher and a horse eating squirrel was just too much.
Daisy met a horse eating deer the other day, deer stood there with such an intimidating and menacing look (like they do) of course Daisy was going to turn into a steam train and snort the rest of the way home :wink:

Ziggy nearly spun me off because of a horse eating squirrel the other day. They are pesitferous! Well done to you for (a) staying on, (b) keeping in control with that stupid driver doing their best to cause havoc!

newrider.com