Dr Cook rubbing - update

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
To try and stop my Dr Cook rubbing my girl I bought the halter tube set from horse and harmony (http://www.horseandharmony.com/shop...ducts_id=377&zenid=6gdar1f5vu178bb44eid8rlht7)
Ive used the bits that go on the cheekpieces on the cross straps, and the other bits on the poll and noseband. Ive kept the cushions ive made to cover where the rings on the noseband rib her, but you might be able to adapt the noseband cover or poll cover to cover the rings.

She seems to like a her hair is growing back a bit. We had an exciting jumping lesson and it didn't rub any more hair off, but we havent been
for an exciting hack to really try it out.

Ill give more of an update soon.

Tasha

Incase anyone is interested I took Maddie for a hack with the sleeves on her bridle, ans there hasnt been anymore rubbing :) So far so good!

Well I went for a pleasure ride yestersday, did some le trec type stuff and a bit of clear round. She got a bit silly, and then we went for a 2 hour ride, when I got back I noticed she had 3 rubs on her face, 2 where teh cross straps are and one on the side by where the cross strap is.
Any one got any ideas on how I can pad it up to stop it rubbing her?

newrider.com